Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

4ch receiver and transmitter help

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM
rc2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4ch receiver and transmitter help

Hi to you all,

My Question is; i have a 4ch 27mhz transmitter, can i buy any receiver to work with this transmitter or is it a special kind,

For example: does it have to be a 27mhz am or fm receiver and does it have to be 4ch, 3ch or 6ch???

please reply to me as soon as you can, thanks
Old 06-26-2009, 03:34 PM
redfox435cat

Default RE: 4ch receiver and transmitter help

is has to be am or fm depending on what you have, what is it?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:35 PM
victorzamora

Is your transmitter FM or AM? Whichever it is, your Rx has to be the same. The receiver has to be FM/AM (whichever your radio is) and 27MHz and the same shift (compatible companies). If it matches those criteria, you should be fine. Channels shouldn't matter.

I have VERY little experience with 27MHz...but that's the way I'm pretty sure it goes. That's the way it goes with 72MHz.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:16 PM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

It has to be the following:

Am to Am
Fm to FM

Negative shift to Negative shift
Positive shift to positive shift

27 MHz to 27 MHz (ground vehciles)
72 Mhz to 72 MHz (airplanes)

Do not use 72 MHz on ground vehicles. Doing so, may risk crashing someones airplane. I know of one case where that was done and the airplane guys tracked down the culprint and, well you can imagine what happened - not pretty.

If you mix and match follow the rules. There are airplane receivers that are auto shift - can detect the difference and operate. Please know what you are doing and don't cause some one to lose their aircraft.

Finally this is not the radio section, go to it for better answers.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 06-26-2009, 04:34 PM
ggraham500
My Feedback: (4)

Your 27MHz radio has to have a "Gold Sticker" to be AMA legal. There is also a lot of potential interference in the 27Mhz range. (Remember that is the "Citizen Band" range.) The 72MHz band is either PCM or PPM (FM is the same thing as PPM). In either your channel is either High or Low band. The High band is channel 32 thru 60 and the low band is channel 11-31. Your transmitter and your aircraft receiver must be on the same channel using PCM or same channel and PPM signal encoding. Clubs typically have a "Pin Board" to control channels so that two people never have the same channel at the same time. (The 2.4GHz band changed all of that control by encoding or binding specific transmitter to specific receivers so that the receivers only responds to a transmitter with the correct encoding.)

A lot of information in as concise a manner as possible. Hope that helps.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:29 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

[8D]Send me your address and I will send you a receiver: 27.255 Receiver, FM, Ch#6.
If your Transmitter is 27.225 MHZ, FM ... then it should work.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:57 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

CLARIFICATION OF ERRONEOUS INFORMATION POSTED:
Gold Sticker! The requirement, which indicated "narrow band" emission, for currently available radios is now over. Plus it never applied to 27 Mhz radios, only to 72 and 75.
AM radios do not have "shift". That is a design function of FM systems only.
High and Low channels! Only Futaba radios are so designated. None of the other companies
make this distinction. However, most recommend that both transmitter and receiver be checked for proper tuning if a change in frequency is made.
The classification of "CB" (Citizen's Band) only applies to 27 MHz equipment. It is the only R/C band on which the transmitter frequency can be legally changed. Not so on 72 and 75; even if the crystal is externally available on the transmitter, and crystals are easily available, the Federal law is on the books.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:42 AM
rc2009

Codimasta;

im in the UKand not US,
Old 06-27-2009, 10:30 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
In Europe there has never been any "Gold sticker radios" and We have never used 72mhz for steering anything in R/C!
In Europe we use 27mhz, 40mHz and 35mHz. 35mHz is only allowed for steering airplanes. The other two can be used for what ever you like.
But 27mHz band is very seldom used today for steering R/C planes! It is mostly used for toys.