Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hobby King HK-T4A Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Fishin Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby King HK-T4A Transmitter

Hi All

Has anyone here been sucessful in using the "Trainer" connector on the HK transmitter to Buddy Box with another transmitter of any brand? I've studied on it really hard, read all the references to it I could find on the web, made up a 2-conductor plus shield cable using a S-Video connector and a 6-pin din conector. No success!!

We'd sure like to use this radio as part of our club Youth Program but buddy box capability is essential.

We need some help!

Frank
Old 06-28-2009, 06:02 PM
jcccc

Default RE: Hobby King HK-T4A Transmitter

Fishin-

Just have your club buy another T4A. They are only $30. cheap enough.

Or, if your club members have been moving off 72Mhz and onto 2.4Ghz, there should be plenty of idle 72 equipment sitting around that could be given or loaned to the club and used as training gear.

JC
Old 06-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Fishin Geezer

Thanks for the reply,jccc.

Actually our club bought three of the HK transmitters, but I can't find a way to use them in the buddy box mode. No "trainer" switch, therefore no way that I know of to use two of them in the buddy box mode.

We have lots of spare 72 mHz transmitters, but I have not been sucessful in making them work with the HK unit. Any detailed ideas for me??

Thanks

Frank
Old 06-29-2009, 12:01 PM
jcccc

ORIGINAL: Fishin Geezer

Thanks for the reply,jccc.

Actually our club bought three of the HK transmitters, but I can't find a way to use them in the buddy box mode. No ''trainer'' switch, therefore no way that I know of to use two of them in the buddy box mode.

We have lots of spare 72 mHz transmitters, but I have not been sucessful in making them work with the HK unit. Any detailed ideas for me??

Thanks

Frank
Fishin-

I meant to use two 72mhz Transmitters. One for the instructor and one as the buddy box for the student and in the training plane a 72mhz receiver.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Jc
Old 06-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Fishin Geezer

Right on, jcccc. That's our plan now, because I'm not smart enough to make the HK transmitter work as a buddy box.

Then when the student has soloed and got his wings, we'll replace the futaba rx with the HK rx bound to the HK transmitter and let him go from there.

Frank
Old 06-29-2009, 04:28 PM
jcccc

Great!! Plus, while using the 72 radio to train on, you can teach the student about the frequency board and it's pins. The student may never have to use the frequency board after he's soloing and buying his own equipment , but atleast he will be aware of the 'old school' 72 mhz system.

jc