Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Lost my charger...can anyone help??

Old 06-23-2003, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my charger...can anyone help??

Hello,

I have a Hobbico SuperStar Select. As you may know, it comes installed with a Futaba radio system, and a charger for charging the Reciever and Transmitter.
In a rush of moving things about, I seem to have lost the charger.

Does anyone know if you can buy a similar charger or exact replacement for this Tx/Rx that WILL WORK with the radio included with the SuperStar? Will any of those "Quick Chargers" work?? Surely there must be other chargers that will work with this radio as well?
Please help!!
Old 06-23-2003, 07:23 AM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it comes with the standard Futaba wall wart you can usually find them at Ebay or sometimes someone will sell one here. I believe there are some advertised in a thread here right now. The price you pay is up to you.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:47 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Sulaco,
You can use pretty much any charger on the market that says it is compatible with Futaba transmitters and receivers. You can buy a brand new wall charger that came with it, if you like, from places like tower hobbies, or any hobby shop. you can find them used cheap....or you can step up and buy a little better charger instead.

the chargers that are safe and compatible are numerous....if you want to buy a more detailed and flexible charger, then it would help for us to know a little more about what you plan to get into in this hobby in the future....are you interested in electric planes? you would buy a very different higher end charger than if, say, you are interested in only smaller glow powered models.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:02 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Default Charger Differences.

Just be carefully to buy the correct one. You can use the same charger on any Futaba, Hi-tec and Airtronics. Center on all these transmitter plugs are positive. But JR Chargers use just the opposite polarity on the Transmitter charge plug so they can only be used with JR Equipment. Center on JR Plug is negative
Old 06-23-2003, 01:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, the transmitter connector is not the same on Futaba and Hitec, the Hitec Power Plug is 5mm OD X 2.1 mm ID while the Futaba is 5.5mm OD and 2.5 mm ID although they both do have the center conductor positive. You can buy the power plugs at Radio Shack; the Futaba one RS #274-1573 and the Hitec is RS # 274-1567.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:36 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a couple of Futaba wall chargers for sale in this thread. No, I am not the seller and don't know anything about them, but at least it's an easy lead.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...505&forumid=29

Johnn
Old 06-24-2003, 03:55 PM

I'm with Amy... use this opportunity to get a fast charger (which is why you can find them used at very cheap prices- many don't use them). If you were close enough, I'd give you one of a couple that I have (and don't use).

- George