Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

no trainer socket can i add one???

Old 06-23-2003, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no trainer socket can i add one???

hi i have just got my self a hitec prism 7 pcm bla bla tx
but it dose not have a trainre socket in it
my question is do you have a pcb that plugs in to add the feature or can i hard wire one in to the tx pcb in allicated positions
or is there any one out there that will open up there prism for me and take a few pics and pm them to me so i can get a rought idea if it can be duplicated please
Old 06-23-2003, 01:19 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think it can be added. Never seen one that could.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:25 PM

Hi,

If you want to use your transmitter as a slave transmitter, then yes, it's not hard to find : check out my website chapter 1 on how to use a free downloadable scope to find your slave signal.

If you want to use your transmitter as master, then it's a little harder : you will have to find the coded signal just before it enters the HF-part, cut it and install a switch that allows either the slave signal to go to the HF-part, either the master's signal.
A correspondent succeeded to find this with a Robbe F14 radio...and I added his findings in chapter 4 of my website.

If you succeed, please keep in touch, together with a drawing or picture or so, this in order to insert it in the website.
Succes,
Olivier
Old 06-23-2003, 08:59 PM

Hmmm, make sure it is legal in your country to do that. I was under the assumption here that it wasn't, but I don't know what your countries rules on the matter are. Don't know why it would be a big deal for what you are doing, but who knows what would happen if you showed up a club function with one that has been modified. Just a suggestion.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:01 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I've NEVER seen a transmitter that you couldn't add a trainer port to.

"You'll need a pot of boiling water.bat wings,"eye of Newt",a little flash paper,and a soldering iron."

Come on guys,This isn't really rocket science.There isn't really smoke in those little wires.If smoke is coming out,You shouldn't have been messing with the wires.That doesn't nescessarilly mean nobody else should.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:50 PM

KB9STD, What was meant by that is I have never seen a company sell a module you can plug in or solder in that you can order after you buy the radio. The companies put them in and sell the radio with or without it. I don't think they want people screwing around with the insides of the radio adding ports and plugs. I mentioned to check the legality of modifiing the inside of a transmitter in the country the originator was in because as I understand it, modifiing a transmitter in this country is not legal. that is the only reason I brought that up.