Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help... I've got the digital "jitters."

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 02:55 PM
3DME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help... I've got the digital "jitters."

I have a set of JR 811 digitals on a 60 UCD 3-D. The linkages are set up for max throw and I am getting a very pronounced, "self perpetuated flutter" at the neutral position on at least three servos. When set at a more moderate throw this doesn't occur but the fact is.... I need the hgher travel.

They are only a year old and I have moved them around, both on the receiver and the plane. This probably rules out defects. I've also tried increasing the expo on the radio in an attempt to counter the "zero deadband," which I've heard causes this.

The surface flutter stops under static load i.e. finger pressure, but in a hover I can see the aileron and elevator shaking violently, even though there is air flow across them. What's amazing is it doesn't seem to affect the plane's performance much but it bugs the crap out of me.

Note: I put a Hitec digital in the same location and it was rock steady, but I couldn't leave it there because the reaction time was a bit slower and it created a "conflict of interest" with the adjacent elevator half.

I love the holding power and response time, but at almost $100.00 a piece this is my first and probably my last set of digitals unless someone has some magic here????
Old 06-25-2003, 01:50 AM
somethin else
My Feedback: (17)

One thing i've seen is you get flutter on 6v setups and the batt is fully charged. Other than that, i'd place a call to horizon customer service if it really bothers you. BTW, I am running hitec digital servos at 6v and get the "jitters" you are talking about as well. Been doing it for a year now and all is ok. I've sent the original servos in and the new ones did the same thing. I had the receiver checked out as well and its hunky dory too.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:44 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

If you are familiar with Yahoo groups, check the Scale Aerobatics list for a similar topic on May 20th. The address is [email protected] The messages start at # 69630 and jump around a little from there. You can also search at the top of the page for, " 5 cell causing vibration" This will give you a list of message numbers which you can write down. You can then enter each message number and follow the thread. The lists work a little differently than a board and are a bit more cumbersome. Anyway, read that and let us know what you come up with_bob
Old 06-26-2003, 03:33 AM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

I doubt if it has to do with 6 volts. My digitals oscillate with 4.8 volts or 6.0 volts - doesn't matter. The best cure is to eliminate any slop at all. I had to re-hinge some hinges (robart hinge points) because some of them had gotten loose inside the elevator. If you disconnect the surface, I bet the oscillation stops. If this is the case, there is nothing wrong with the servo (other than they have very tight tolerance).