Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rudder servo center

Old 06-24-2003, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rudder servo center

I have a Futaba 6 channel radio, non computer, and my rudder servo is not zeroed. Is there any way I can go in the radio or the servo and change the zero setting. No matter which way I put the servo arm on the post it still comes out offset a little.
Now I know that with all the knowledge in here someone must know how to do this.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the way you cut the arms. All the arms on Futaba servo wheels point a slightly different direction. Do you have a new uncut wheel? If so, put it on until you find the right one, then snip off the others.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:20 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried a different servo ? Is your trim lever centered? Is it so far off that you can't just adjust the push rod to center the rudder? Used to be able to go into the servo & move the pot to center, but most new servos are too hard to get into . MAX H.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by big max 1935
Have you tried a different servo ? Is your trim lever centered? Is it so far off that you can't just adjust the push rod to center the rudder? Used to be able to go into the servo & move the pot to center, but most new servos are too hard to get into . MAX H.
BigMax,
I haven't tried a diff. servo yet, don't have a spare. I remember on old Futaba radios I could go inside the servo and jack with the pot but I haven't tried it with these new ones. I think they ought to put access externally to the pot so it can be adjusted. Now that would make stuff real simple.

I was trying to get it set where the trim is at zero also so I would have a good starting place. I can adjust the wires to move the rudder but it's in pretty good shape right now.
Anyhow, thanks for the get back.