Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Electron 6 rx - anyone else have one that will begin glitching?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Electron 6 rx - anyone else have one that will begin glitching?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electron 6 rx - anyone else have one that will begin glitching?

Hi guys, I've posted a bit about my intermitent glitching problem but now the plot thickens since I have 2 Electron 6 rx's that sometimes for no apparent reason will begin to violently glitch and twitch like crazy. What is strange is that flipping the gear switch on the tx will stop it momentarily or change it's pattern..... but nothing is plugged into that channel 5 except the battery.

So far it seems that it's just those 2 Electron 6 rx's that are bad since I bought one new tx and had the other nearly new one checked over by Futaba. I've switched crystals, double checked antenna, and everything I can think of. Sometimes it won't do it for a month or two and sometimes it does it right away. Crazy. I have a couple of new receivers coming so those 2 Electron 6's will be on the back burner. Thanks for any input.

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 07-29-2009, 11:48 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Electron 6 rx - anyone else have one that will begin glitching?

Wise choice in replacing them. Give them a toss.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:37 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mrbigg

Give them a toss.
That's not a wise choice. Send them in and it's possible we will repair or replace them at no charge. If they are not covered under warranty.... we'll give you other options; THEN you can decide if you want to "toss them!"

Mike
Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: mrbigg

Give them a toss.
That's not a wise choice. Send them in and it's possible we will repair or replace them at no charge. If they are not covered under warranty.... we'll give you other options; THEN you can decide if you want to ''toss them!''

Mike
Attaboy Mike!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Ernie Misner

>>>That's not a wise choice. Send them in and it's possible we will repair or replace them at no charge. If they are not covered under warranty.... we'll give you other options; THEN you can decide if you want to "toss them!" >>>

Hi Mike, if I send them in would it do any good to mention that you are familiar with my stuggles with these 2 rx's?

Thanks,

Ernie Misner
Old 07-30-2009, 09:20 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did have a Electron 6 that would glitch now and again. Turned out to be a loose crystal connector. Of all my Rx's I have had the only ones I trust are my Electron 6's and my Airtronics.

Send them in. No reason to throw them away.

Dru.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 PM
theradioflyer

Are you using the same servos and just changing the rx for the other? Could be a bad servo causing the problem. I've never had a single glitch in 3 of the Electron 6's that I own. I'd start one by unplugging one servo at a time and see if you can get it to stop. If you find the bad one shelve it for parts.

Blessings,

Jay
Old 08-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Ernie Misner

Hi Jay, now that is something no one's mentioned, a bad servo. Hmmmm..... Now if I can just get it do do it on command, but it won't. I've tried to get it to do it all week here in the garage.

This is the 3rd plane those receivers have been in that have begun the crazy and violent gllitching from time to time. I think all the servos are new ones in this OMP Edge that started gliltching a few weeks ago.

Thanks,

Ernie