Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmitter frequencies??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 AM
skinsman6394

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter frequencies??

Hey guys,
I am relatively new to the hobby. I live on a military base in Japan and know that only a few certain frequencies are allowed. I want to buy a guan-li p-51 from nitroplanes, but it doesn't say the transmitter frequency. How can i tell what the frequency of the transmitter is?

The legal frequencies in Japan are

40.770MHz, 40.790MHz, 40.810MHz, 40.830MHz, 40.850MHz.

72.130MHz, 72.150MHz, 72.170MHz, 72.190MHz, 72.210MHz,
72.790MHz, 72.810MHz, 72.830MHz, 72.850MHz, 72.870MHz
Can someone help me out with this?
Thanks

Old 08-26-2009, 06:20 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Transmitter frequencies??

http://www.easyrc.com/radiosystems/radiosystems5.html
Old 08-26-2009, 06:35 AM
skinsman6394

So how to I know if an rc airplane is within these frequencies?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:53 AM
richg99

This listing may help you. http://radiocontrol.wikia.com/wiki/L...RC_frequencies

I use 2.4 so my knowledge of 72/73 megahertz is limited. But, I understand that when one buys a TX/RX in that range, one also gets ( or buys separately) a matching crystal installed in the TX and the RX. I.e, You "choose" what channel crystal you want/need when buying the TX/RX combo. Hope that is correct. Rich
Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 AM
skinsman6394

Wow, I really don't understand this frequency stuff. can you change the frequency on the radio control?

If anyone could tell me if this plane is one of the frequencies in my post above it would help me out a ton.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/4retoflypmur.html

Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

In the US, the Tx is marked with a Channel Number which corresponds to a Frequency on a particular Band. 72Mhz is the Band most commonly used here. Less expensive Tx's have a sticker, on the back of the Tx, with the Channel Number on it. More expensive Tx's have an RF Module that contains the entire RF or Transmitting section of the Tx. When you change the RF Module, you are not only changing the Crystal, but all the electronics that go into Transmitting the Signal. There are also Synthesied RF Modules, for 72Mhz, that allow you to turn small potentiometers and change the Channel to any one on the 72Mhz band, by just using a Screwdriver.

Rx's will also have a Sticker on them or the Crystal will have a Sticker attached to one end.

2.4Ghz radios are becoming very popular in the US. You can buy an entire 2.4Ghz Radio system or you can buy a 2.4Ghz RF Module for your older Tx and then buy 2.4Ghz Rx's from the same manufacturer of the 2.4Ghz RF Module you purchased.

Those people with HAM Radio licenses can buy Tx/Rx combinations on the 50Mhz and 53Mhz bands. These were more popular when the FCC only allowed a smaller number of channels on 72Mhz and there were so many people with 72Mhz radios that there was a high risk that someone might turn on their TX, by mistake, and shoot down your plane. There were less people with radios on the Ham Band.

Surface vehicles such as Boats and Autos are supposed to use radios on the 75Mhz band so as not to interfere with the Aircraft. There are still some radios on CB channels, as well, like 27Mhz. I have seen some cheap electric planes being sold with their own Tx on 49Mhz.

2.4Ghz Radios free you from having to wait for someone on your frequency to come down before you go up. For the most part, you cannot interfere with someone else's 2.4 signal and they cannot interfere with yours. There are also dozens of conditions that can interfere with a radio on Non-2.4Ghz bands such as 72Mhz. Electronic Ignition, Magnetos, Metal to Metal contact, Unshielded Wires, Antennas passing by Switches and Servos, Carbon Fiber rubbing on Carbon Fiber, etc. 2.4Ghz radios are mostly immune to this kind of interference.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 AM
airbusdrvr

From that ad I'm not sure how you would know the frequency. Maybe contact them and find out.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: skinsman6394

The 72 MHz frequencies you listed for Japan are a subset of the legal frequencies for the US. We can use one of fifty different aircraft frequencies. My experience with mail order houses that sell these combos is that they normally don't pay any attention to which frequency they send out. You should contact them before placing an order.

Allan

Old 08-26-2009, 12:42 PM
jcccc

ORIGINAL: AWorrest

ORIGINAL: skinsman6394

The 72 MHz frequencies you listed for Japan are a subset of the legal frequencies for the US. We can use one of fifty different aircraft frequencies. My experience with mail order houses that sell these combos is that they normally don't pay any attention to which frequency they send out. You should contact them before placing an order.

Allan

I agree. Go to Nitroplanes' support and ask.