Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX7 cut the controls to my airplane

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:18 AM
atlemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX7 cut the controls to my airplane

Hi folks,

I was at the field a few weeks ago, and I was looking for the timer count-down feature on the DX7 – where you can set it to beep after 10 min. ex.
Anyways, a gentleman at the field tried to show me how this setting was enabled, but we must have done something wrong because it never got activated, AND when I gave throttle and lifted the airplane off the ground, I only got a few meters up in the air before all my controls were lost! (about the point where I pushed the throttle to almost max).

I did the pre-flight check as usual, not connection problems then. Even after she crash landed everything seems to work just fine!

So my guess is we activated some sort of safety feature that won´t let me give it full throttle or something? I think he pushed the "Trainer / Hover pitch" button once, could this mean something?

Any advice is really apreciated, I´m not sending my airplane up again until I know this feature is deactivated
Old 09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Druss

Default RE: Spektrum DX7 cut the controls to my airplane

If you pressed the trainer switch then the radio was looking for input from another radio and cuts yours out of the loop. When you move it back it should give control back to yours though.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:47 AM
atlemo

Default RE: Spektrum DX7 cut the controls to my airplane

So the trainer mode will let me take off, but then suddenly cut the connection?
How can I see if the Trainer mode is activated or not?