Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Reverse Throttle Response Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Brushless1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse Throttle Response Needed

Anyone have any experience with these new Sky-Fly 2.4 Ghz Transmitter/receivers? I have one I am trying to use with a Aquacraft ESC/motor and when I arm the ESC, the throttle response is backwards. In other words, letting out the trigger gives throttle. Any ideas how to change this response? Manaul is not reall beneficial.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Reverse Throttle Response Needed

can the throttle channel be reversed?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Brushless1

Yea, I tried that on the Transmitter. The transmitter indicated reverse but it did not work. Tired it both ways too. I used a proboat AM transmitter and receiver and I had to take the throttle trim all the way to reverse to get it to work right but it did. This Sky-Fly Transmitter has three different locations to mess with throttle and they allow a range from 0-100 for sensitivity. I will keep trying.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Brushless1

Ok. A bit more information. I am using this transmitter with a SuperVee ESC. To arm this ESC you connect the batteries. It beeps, you pull the trigger, it beeps again, and you let go the trigger and it beeps (manual says five) 4 times. This arms the ESC. What it is doing with this transmitter is beeping until the trigger is pulled, beeps once when the trigger pushed the opposite direction full, and then pull the trigger again all the way back and it beeps 4 times and arms. Unfortunately, this is when the trigger is all the way in and it throttles and the trigger is let out. Seems like an ESC problem, not a transmitter problem. Reversing the transmitter only reverses the order in which the ESC arms. Ie all the way forward vs all the way back before it arms.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:18 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has been a long time since I set up an electric, but I seem to remember in the days before programable escs that you could just switch two of the three motor wires and that reversed the directionl.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Dsegal

> you could just switch two of the three motor wires and that reversed the directionl.<

He is not talking about motor rotation, but the direction of the throttle stick.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Brushless1

Switching the motor wires just makes the motor run in reverse, right? This problem is with the throw of the throttle trigger (ie trigger response). However, I'll switch them tonight and let you know if that works.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:41 AM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

What would happen if You pulled the trigger,and HELD it while connecting the ESC?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:42 AM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

What would happen if You pulled the trigger,and HELD it while connecting the ESC? Would that reverse the sequence