Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

14mz issues(when switching different conditions )

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14mz issues(when switching different conditions )

Old 10-15-2009, 08:00 AM
ats909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14mz issues(when switching different conditions )

Hello dear all,

I found an issue of 14mz when switching different conditions. I want to get your help & check with you. I also call for your attention to such a DANGEROUS thing which may causes crashes.

Details are as follows:

0, T14MZ(V1.3.2 SW),TM-14,R6014FS, all S9157 servos. Fixed wing. Arco plane with 150cc DA engine.
1, Set default condition for basic flight, and arco condition for 3D flight. Using swith C to choose ONE condition between TWO mentioned above.
2, When switching conditions using switch C, servos of some channel sometimes move very quickly & unexpectedly (even all servos are on the center position) during such a process and after then,return to actual position(In other words, right position). This is the same story EVEN using other swtiches to choose conditions.
3, When operate such switch to choose conditions and find abnormal servo actions, more often than not, I can find servo position graph change (of course it is UNEXPECTED) via SERVO MONITOR menu of 14mz.

Feedbacks & suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Skaluf

Default RE: 14mz issues(when switching different conditions )

More than likely you need to have the pots checked on your radio, they may be worn and causing this. Switching conditions like you are describing is done all of the time with no problems.

Steve Kaluf
Hobbico
Old 10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
ats909

Hi SK, Ths for your suggestions.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check if you have the blue pots or the updated white pots. The blue pots are not so robust and may wear out faster.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:29 AM
ats909

Some further check RESULTS are as follows:
-

I double checked my setting. V1.3.2 sw(Latest SW).

SW C is a 3-position SW, you know(we can name it P1,P2,P3. Here P=position).
Of course, any other 3-position SW can also be used.

Detailed setting:

1)In normal condition, SET:
P1= Ailerion D/R on*,ELE D/R on,RUD D/R on (all small).
P2= Ailerion D/R off,ELE D/R off,RUD D/R off (all large).
P3= Ailerion D/R off,ELE D/R off,RUD D/R off (all large).

*As an example, D/R on=50% ATV, D/R off=100% ATV

2)In arco condition, SET:
P1= all D/R off (all large).
P2= ailerion D/R on(small),ELE & RUD D/R off(large)
P3= all D/R on (all small).

3)SW C is condition switching SW too. P1=P3=normal conditon on. P2= Arco condition on.

From setting above,the final result shouled be:

P1:Normal condition. All D/R on(all small).
P2:Arco condition. Ailerion D/R on (Ailerion small only).ELE & RUD D/R off(large).
P3:Normal condition. ALL D/R off (all large).
-
Pls check 14mz by 3 steps:

1, Ailerion,RUD & ELE Jog/servo center position. Operate SW C among 3 positions quickly for about 10 times.
2, Ailerion max position (either left or right is OK).Operate SW C between P1 & P2 quickly for about 10 times.
3, Rudder & elevator max position. Operate SW C between P2 & P3 quickly for about 10 times.

I find unexpected SERVO action (ill movements and viberates in very short time during such a condition changing process), and

at the same time I find abnormal servo state display via SERVO MONITOR menu of 14MZ.

By the way, I have 2 14mzs(ALL V1.3.2 SW). The earlier one (No.000030xx) tends to happen this strange thing. But the other

one with series number 000111xx never. I have checked another 14mz(000018xx) of my friend, it is also often.

I guess there may be some risks with early 14mzs (for example, less than 3000 ?) .

If your 14mz's number is less than 3k, I suggest you to check it by process mentioned above.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: ats909
I guess there may be some risks with early 14mzs (for example, less than 3000 ?) .

If your 14mz's number is less than 3k, I suggest you to check it by process mentioned above.
As Steve Kaluf tried to tell you earlier, this is almost positively a sign that one or more of your stick pots are going bad. It is NOT a problem with all radios, or radios with certain serial numbers. When the pots wear they can start to show this behavior.

You need to send your TX into your nearest service center to have it checked over.

You should be able to find the one closest to you on this list:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/futdist.html
Old 10-16-2009, 09:14 AM
ats909

Thanks Silent.

Another Informations:

1) I tried all other 3P Switches, the radio performed abnomally all the time.

2) If I disable P1 & P3 in arco condition (In other words, all D/R NA with P1 & P3 in arco condition. You can check POST #5 comments), the issues DISAPPEAR. (Of course the D/R logic is not changed: P1 all small, P2 ailerion small only, P3 all large )

So I think there may be some logic or circuit issue with my radio. However, I still believe it is not single but may be a common issue with some 14mzs due to circuit or driver SW bug.

Thanks any way, I will send it to Futaba service center.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Silent-AV8R

Thanks Silent.

Another Informations:

2) If I disable P1 & P3 in arco condition (In other words, all D/R NA with P1 & P3 in arco condition. You can check POST #5 comments), the issues DISAPPEAR. (Of course the D/R logic is not changed: P1 all small, P2 ailerion small only, P3 all large )

So I think there may be some logic or circuit issue with my radio. However, I still believe it is not single but may be a common issue with some 14mzs due to circuit or driver SW bug.

Must be a language barrier. What you describe is 100% consistent with bad pots. There is no "logic fault" or "circuit issue". Let us know what the service center says after you send it in.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Skaluf

Thanks Silent.

Another Informations:

Hi again,
As has been mentioned, this is the issue that worn out pots cause. This is also the reason you are seeing this on your servo monitor screen. Sending the unti in to your local service center will correct the problem.

Steve