Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Are a JR 10X and Spectrum DX6i buddy cord-able?

Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
trappg
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are a JR 10X and Spectrum DX6i buddy cord-able?

I fly with a JR 10X with the Spectrum 2.4 conversion module. I want to buy my son a Spectrum DX6i but want to know if I can hook a buddy cord between these two radios to train him. Anybody know if this is possible? If not any what other econonomical 2.4 transmitters would buddy up with my 10X?
Old 11-25-2009, 02:34 AM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are a JR 10X and Spectrum DX6i buddy cord-able?

I think the combination work fine.
I've tried 9303 with DX6i also. It worked without a problem.

Hard part is making sure all the settings are same. With both tx hooked up, when you push the trainer switch/button on master tx (giving control on slave TX), control surfaces shouldn't move at all if the master tx sticks are on neutral.

It took some time to get used to making the exact setting on both transmitters.

10x and 9303 have trim resolutions, but the DX6i doesn't, so setting the trim takes some time.

I usually give control on Aileron/Elevaor/Rudder with plane flying level. It is hard to see where the stick position at the time of giving contrl to slave. So unless the the instructor and student know where the throttle setting should be, it was hard.

When I give control on throttle, I usually tell the student to look at my throttle position and have him/her move the slave tx throttle to approximate location before taking control.

Hope this helps,
Old 11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Are a JR 10X and Spectrum DX6i buddy cord-able?

I have two XP9303 Tx's. One has the Spektrum Module. We have had some Trainees at our club field that have come out with DX7 and DX6i Tx's The 9303 and the DX6i should work fine with the Trainer Cable, however, as previously mentioned, nothing is for sure with any Buddy Box. Differences in the programming can make it time consuming to get all the parameters to match, sometimes. i don't recall, but you may have to engage the Trainer Program on the Master. Next, you have to match Servo Direction. Next would be Mixes. Next would be Rates and Travel. The Buddy Box battery must be charged as well as the Master. You do not turn on the Tx Switch for the Buddy Box.

Over the years, we have experienced numerous incompatibilities between Master and Slave. Computer radios work well with other computer radios, in general,

A friend of my had two XP9303 Tx's and wanted to use them as Master and Slave for a complex Jet. He ultimately had to Copy the entire Model Memory from the Master to the Slave and then verify that all the channels and mixes worked properly. You can Copy Model Memories between like Tx's, but when the Master and Slave are different models, you have to enter data into the parameter fields manually.