Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

GYRO Clarification Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GYRO Clarification Needed

I plan on using a Futaba GYA350 AVCS Rate GYRO to control the Rudder on a Tail Dragger Plane; I have read all the threads in regards to using a GYRO for this purpose and it appears that using the AVCS Mode works best; However, I need to get something clarified because I can't seem to find the answer.

I will be using a 2 way Switch on my Radio, instead of a 3 way switch, 'UP' with a setting of 40% or greater, would turn on the GYRO in AVCS and 'DOWN' with a setting of 0% would turn off GYRO.

What I don't understand, on the actual GYRO, what do I set the 'GYRO GAIN TRIMMER(range of 0 to 100)' and 'CONTROL GAIN TRIMMER(range of 50 to 150)' pots? On the Futaba GY401 Gyro these are referred to 'CONTROL DELAY TRIMMER' and 'LIMIT TRIMMER', respectively.

Example, if I set the Gyro Gain Trimmer on the GYRO to 100% and the Radio at 70%, would the actual GYRO Gain or Sensitivity only be about 50%.

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:39 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: GYRO Clarification Needed

Hi!
Why????
A gyro on most airplanes is totally unnecessary! Only adds weight and makes everything more complicated.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:41 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GYRO Clarification Needed

Wrong; they work great on planes that have bad habits on take off, one less thing to have to worry about, I'm not going to debate their use, I have used them in the past and will use them when needed, end of story; weight? what weight, a whole 25g!