Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Beginner needs help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:44 AM
topdawg044

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner needs help

My stepson has a monster sized Nikko Hummer (1:8 or 1:10?) that is lacking the remote control that I'm trying to locate for him. The only significant markings on the unit specs 49 MHZ operation and another placard says "49 MHz 1-04". This looks like channel 1 on the 49 MHz band, but what does the '04' mean? I've never done any RC work so I'm completely in the dark on this nomenclature and would appreciate any help offered. Tried to Google this with no luck.

Where is a source of Nikko remotes? Ebay/Craigs/Google turns up nothing.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Druss

Default RE: Beginner needs help

Nikko's are all sold as RTR's but you can find AM radios that can work, you just need to find the exact frequency.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
topdawg044

Thanks...I kinda thought that - was hoping to find a collector or someone who deals in used equip who may have transmitters for sale.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:15 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

I'd suggest having a look at Nikko's website, and calling them. They can probably take care of you.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:32 PM
topdawg044

Thanks - i did that a little earlier today. I haven't had much luck in the past with that approach simply because most toy manufacturers don't seem to stock parts for 4 year old products. I can cross my fingers I guess :-)
Old 10-27-2009, 09:06 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Nikkos radio system is hard soldered whereas RC systems are plugin type. Unless you find someone who has the same car and channel number they are un repairable. Best of luck in your search. Dennis
Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
topdawg044

That's what I was afraid of.  I've looked for over 3 months for this transmitter without luck. Appreciate the info.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:12 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

While your here why not see if your son is interested in RC planes. We as a group would love to see a new person in the hobby. Lots of clubs in Cal. Go to the AMA site and find a club close to you and take him out one Sunday. If his eyes light up he's in. Plenty of people willing to help. Dennis
Old 10-28-2009, 10:47 AM
topdawg044

Actually, planes are more for me - LOL. He has little interest if any in them. When the economy quits sucking I'd like to get back into building models again. I did CL stuff back in the day but never quite made it into RC. Got a private pilot's license in the interm and that re-sparked my interest in models.