Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

SD10-G Programming Gurus, I need some help........

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

SD10-G Programming Gurus, I need some help........

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SD10-G Programming Gurus, I need some help........

OK, what I want to do is set my timer up to start when I move my throttle above half stick. I recently started flying electrics, and now need to use my timer. I never used to use it with glow and gassers, and I cannont seem to remember to activate it when I take off. A friend a has a Futaba 10c with his set up this way, and if my radio cannot do it, I'll never hear the end of it.[]
Thanks
Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Empennage Gunner
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SD10-G Programming Gurus, I need some help........

Terry,

Jack @ Airtronics set this one to me. It's just what your looking for:

SD-10G AERO
Procedure for programming a Sick Switch for Start-Stop operation of the Timer function of the SD-10G Transmitter.
Select SYSTEM using the Navigation Pad. Press ENTER.
Scroll down using the Navigation Pad and highlight TIMER. Press ENTER.
Highlight Stop Watch and press ENTER.
Set your desired Minutes and Seconds using Navigation Pad and the YES/+ key.
Press the END key three times.
Highlight SYSTEM and press the ENTER key.
Scroll down using the Navigation Pad to SWitch ASSIGN. Press ENTER.
Scroll down to START. Use the YES/+ key to set START to S1 and set STOP to S2.
Press the END key twice. Press the ENTER key to access the SYSTEM menu.
Scroll down to STICK SWITCH and press the ENTER key.
STICK SWITCH >1
Set STICK >TH using the Navigation Pad and Yes/+ key. Move the THROTTLE STICK to a high throttle position so STICK reads 56%. Highlight POINT. Press the YES/+ key to make it read POINT > -56%. This is the ON point for the Timer. The display will indicate:
STICK >TH STICK
POINT >56% 56%
ON >H SW
SOUND>INH ON
Move the THROTTLE STICK down to the extreme Low Throttle position, and move the cursor down to ON>H. If it does not read ON>H, press the YES/+ key to change it. The display will then indicate:
STICK >TH STICK
POINT >56% -100%
ON >H SW
SOUND >INH OFF
Use the Navigation Pad and the YES/+ key to select STICK SWITCH 2. With the THROTTLE STICK the in the Extreme LOW throttle position, scroll down and set POINT –100% using the YES/+ key and display reads ON >L. The display should then indicate:
STICK >TH STICK
POINT >-100% -100%
ON >L SW
SOUND >INH ON
Press the END key twice to return to the main display.
Your Timer Minutes and Seconds are shown on the LCD Display.
When you move the THROTTLE STICK above 56% The Timer will start. When you move it to the LOW Throttle position the Timer will stop. When the Timer counts down and reaches 10 seconds it will sound a note at each second and a final note when it reaches zero seconds and begins counting up. After the completion of your flight press the YES/+ and NO/- keys simultaneously to reset the time to your start time.

Jack R. Albrecht
Airtronics Technical Support
Revised 17 August 2009