Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

ttu-03 tx range

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:00 PM
freshert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ttu-03 tx range

Hi, Ihave a ttu-03 tx that came with my rtr tt-01d but it only has a range of about 20-30m max, then the car loses control and hits things... I'm using new duracell batteries and tried rechargeables but they both give the same results. Is my tx faulty?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:58 AM
freshert

Default RE: ttu-03 tx range

Anyone? This is getting so annoying, today out of nowhere the car just full throttled and i had no control and it slammed right into the wall. I was less than 5 meters away from the car...
Old 11-27-2009, 03:45 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: freshert Hi, Ihave a ttu-03 tx that came with my rtr tt-01d but it only has a range of about 20-30m max, then the car loses control and hits things... I'm using new duracell batteries and tried rechargeables but they both give the same results. Is my tx faulty?
May appear to be a silly answer, but
1. Didyou run the receiver antenna wire up inside the mast and install it correctly - away from the speed controller? and the transmitter antenna wasalso fully extended?
2. Have you referred the matterback to place of purchase?Tamiya are one of the best supported brands.

"Range check and Range problem solving" and other sub sections of
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ"at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
mayassist.

Regards
Alan T.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:05 AM
freshert

Hi, the receiver antenna is touching the speed controller, and that was how it was set up when I got my car (RTR). I'll try moving it away and see if it helps. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:04 AM
freshert

Just moved the receiver box and receiver wire away from the speed controller and the motor and this has given me fantastic results. I pushed the transmitter antenna down and drove away and instead of losing control, the car just stops and makes beeping noises. When i fully extend the antenna, I can drive around 100m, and my transmitter batteries aren't fully charged either. Wonder why Tamiya would run the antenna next the esc and motor... Thanks for the help.