Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Ace /Hitec Nautical commander Problems help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 02:52 PM
mike hunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace /Hitec Nautical commander Problems help!

hello anyone experience this problem??please read,

I have a nautical commander remote which uses a hitec receiver..

Im having trouble with my radio.I plug in all 5 servos.they all move on command.but, when I move the #1 throttle(channel one) ,channel 2,3,4 servos also move.but not the comeplete 90 degrees.some move more then others when they are not even suppose to move at all.if I move the other channels independently 2,3,4,5,they are all ok and do not interfere with any other channel.it is just channel one that seems to be mixing in with the other channels.
I also swapped servos ,used 2 of them ,3,4 etc...problem still there,,so all servos are good.someone told me I should get a new set of xtals,but Im not sure if that will do it..

is this a tx or rx problem??some pot not tuned somewhere?
Old 07-08-2003, 10:08 PM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 to 5

Make sure you do your check outside an not in the house/shop. Also extend the antenna. You didn't mention if it is in a model or what freq. If you have a duplicate rec, swap it out. Also remove servos 1 at a time to see if the problem stops. You might have a bad servo.

It could also be the encoder in the rec. or tx. Hard to tell w/o a spare rec. ACE still sells the Nautical commander and you could return it for service, If they still service it I don't know?

It could be as simple as a pot being out of adjustment.

So start by using another rec.
then remove servos 1 at a time if the rec did not help.

Finally if both above don't work, send the tx and rec to service.