Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Exceed RC 6 ch radio NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:15 AM
chachaya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC 6 ch radio NEED HELP

I got the exceed rc 6 ch 2.4ghz and I have windows 7 on my laptop. I have tried to download some other drivers just to see if they would work on this operating system but they don't. Does anyone know of any?

Also, I have a desktop that has windows xp. I didn't know this was bad at the time but i had my transmitter plugged into the computer when i downloaded the driver and t6config. I opened t6config, and clicked on GET to get the settings from my transmitter. The com port worked and the bars moved up and down when i moved the sticks, but when i clicked on GET, it just froze. It happens again and again. Then i tried to uninstall everything and install it again but it won't even make a COM port now. I'm really stuck with this radio and i've had it for a month now.

PLEASEHELPME!

thank you
Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Exceed RC 6 ch radio NEED HELP

You may have to go into XP's Device Manager and delete the Com Port. Reboot and you should be able to create one aain. You need to check to see which Operating Systems the Exceed software is compatible with. I just found the System Requirements, via Google:

* System Requirement: Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98
* Hardware Requirements: CPU Intel Pentium 600 or above; 32MB GAP 3D; 128MB; 10GB hard disc; 52xCD-ROM
* Port: USB Port
* Simulator supported: FMS Version2.0 Beta7 / FMS Version 2.0 Alpha8.4 and above

Unless the manufacturer has a patch for Windows 7, for Windows 7, I would not count on it working there. It should work in XP.

http://www.xheli.com/exrcflsitrki.html
Old 01-09-2010, 03:00 AM
chachaya

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

You may have to go into XP's Device Manager and delete the Com Port. Reboot and you should be able to create one aain.
For my com ports, it says:

Communications Port (COM1)
ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

The printer is my printer of course, and im pretty sure the communications port is not the radio. I already have uninstalled the driver so i think it took the com with it.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:38 AM
BuschBarber

As I reread the System Requirements, it says USB so I assume that the Tx connects to the PC with a USB cable. When you mentiioned Com Port, before, I was thinking that you might have been using a Serial Cable from the Tx to the PC. If it is fact a USB cable, like most Flight Sims today, Device Manager will list all USB devices it recognizes and indicate whether or not it is working.

When you plug in the USB cable, does XP make a sound indicating that it detected a device or new hardware? You will hear two tones in succession. The first will be Low and the second will be High. This tells you the device has been detected and that the driver has been loaded. When you Unplug the USB Cable, you will hear a High tone, first and then a Low tone.

If the drivers for XP were loaded properly, you should see the device in Device Manager and there should not be any Red X or Yellow Exclamation Point in front of the listed device.

If you do not hear any sounds when you plug in the USB Cable then XP is not detecting it and it will not work.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:51 PM
chachaya

Ok, I finally got it working. After I downloaded the driver, it didn't show another com port, but it did show the device with an exlamation mark. I clicked on it and it said the driver wasn't working correctly, so i had windows search online for a driver, and it actually got it working. I didn't think it would work...but it did.

So now, I have a question about actually getting the transmitter to reverse its channels. Its easy on the computer, you just check a box and click OK. But for me, that reverse didn't actually happen when i turned my plane on. Sure I can change some settings on the computer, but its not really being applied to my transmitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkIK9xbBiXI
Old 01-09-2010, 05:33 PM
BuschBarber

I guess I am confused. Did you just buy the Flight Sim, which came with the Interlink Controller that looks like a Tx:

http://www.xheli.com/exrcflsitrki.html

Old 01-09-2010, 07:15 PM
BuschBarber

I could not find a link to the manual for the Exceed 6ch 2.4Ghz Transmitter. All computer radios have a menu that allows you to Reverse any of the channels. Look in the manual for the Reverse function or Servo Direction function.

I am guessing you bought both the Exceed radio (Tx and Rx) and also the Exceed Flight Sim, separately, or did they both come as a package deal?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:21 PM
chachaya

Sorry for the confusion.  I bought this only:  http://www.nitroplanes.com/2-4ghz-tr...airplanes.html

Its a Tx/Rx.  My problem is i can't get the actual servo to reverse.  Sure I can check the box on the computer to reverse channel 2, but that isn't making the servo actually go the other way.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:29 PM
BuschBarber

I'm sorry!! I thought you were talking about a Flight Simulator. I see now that your Tx has a USB interface so you can program the Tx from your PC.

I have a JR XP9303 with PC Transfer software. I can Copy a Model Memory to the PC, View all the parameters, Edit all the parameters, Print all the parameters, and Copy it back to the Tx.

I realize your system is different, but perhaps you need to Copy the changes back to the Tx before they take effect
Old 01-09-2010, 11:56 PM
chachaya

It'a alright about the confusion, i don't know why i didnt put a link in the first post. I'm not sure if you will know how to fix this or not but i took a video of my current problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq8BavATOeQ

Oh and btw, thanks soo much for sticking with this and checking back here very often. It's nice to be able to go on here and see a new post everyday.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:27 AM
BuschBarber

Without seeing the manual, I am not sure I can help regarding the saving of your changes. When you Save, is it supposed to Save to the PC or to the Transmitter? I know you said you cannot Save the Servo Reverse. Are their any other parameters that you can Save back to the Transmitter? I watched the video and I can see you opening folders.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:13 PM
chachaya

No, the radio didn't come up under Computer. But another thing, when the type is "ACRO", 3 of the buttons should disappear. It happened once when t6config just started working but it hasn't happened since. I watched a video where someone reversed a channel and the black line went to the other side, like it responded. On mine, it looks like nothing is responding to anything. It's very weird.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 PM
BuschBarber

It could be a problem with the Exceed software on your PC. It would be interesting if you could ask a friend to load the software on his computer of if he could bring over a laptop and load it on that so you could see if it behaves different on a different system.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:12 AM
chachaya

I'll try it get it working on my another desktop that hasn't been used in a while. It's hard to get it connected to the internet to download the driver and t6config. But i'll try it tomorrow and get back to ya. I'm curious about this too.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:52 PM
chachaya

sending it in to get it fixed. Thanks for all the help
Old 01-11-2010, 05:54 PM
BuschBarber

Thank you!! I wish you the best of luck. I am sure they will get you up and running.