Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servos glitching

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 02:18 AM
MAXXHEADROOM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos glitching

Trying to fly my nexus 30 but seems unstable.What I have noticed is with transmitter off and receiver on they all glitch.once transmitter is turned on they act normal.A friend of mine saw it happen and told me I have a problem somewhere.He turned his receiver on without transmitter on and his servos dont move at all.Is there something I should be looking for?
Old 07-10-2003, 02:34 AM
Ex-tech

Default servos glitching

Are you using ppm or pcm? If you are using ppm your servos will glitch with the tx off. There is nothing wrong with your tx. The rx is just receiving junk and making the servos wig out. Besides, you don't fly with your tx off, do you?
Old 07-10-2003, 04:03 AM
Ed

Default servos glitching

Your friend is wrong. Your receiver is looking to lock on to a signal, and you removed that signal.

Just make sure that you get a good solid range check according to your manual.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Marian

Default Re: servos glitching

Hi,

A week or two ago I went to buy a new receiver Electron 6, but when I tried it I have discovered that the servo on the first channel was twisting crazily with transmitter turned off. It happened only on the first channel, the rest of them did not move. (I had only one servo with my and I was changing ¡t from one channel to another.

When I turned on the transmitter, everything was aparently OK.

I have tried three receivers (on different places to check if I am in a zone with strong transmitters) with the same result.

Basically I was said by shop assistant the same think as Ex-tech and GeeBeeJim say.

So I took it and tried it at home. With all servos connected they are not moving even with the TX off.

I have checked the range (115 ft with antenna collapsed and some 1300 ft with full antenna) and take off. Everything is OK.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:03 AM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default servos glitching

Without anything transmitting a signal to the reciever what do you expect it to do?

Ya you have a problem, your problem is the reciever takes commands from the transmitter and without the tx transmitting a command the rx doesn't know what to tell the servos to do.

You should always turn your tx on first, then your rx and when you are done turn the rx off first, then the tx.

If you don't one of these days a servo might just go all the way over or something and break your linkage or something because it's expecting commands from the tx and without it who knows what the servos can do.

It's no different than walking in the dark... you can't see where you are going until you turn the light on. Your tx is the light and your rx is you walking in the dark without the light.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default servos glitching

While I would agree with what everyone has said, I had a student turn his transmitter off and his plane started to glitch. While watching the controls, I noticed that the movement was not sporadic. What we found out is that he was on channel 48, someone on channel 49 was causing controlled movements of his plane. We decided not to fly because I felt that either his receiver or the other guys transmitter was a little off frequency.

Just be careful!
Old 07-11-2003, 03:30 AM
Lynx

Default servos glitching

How close where you to the other person? There's ALWAYS some spillover with transmitters, it's just the way RF mechanics work. If you were close to the other person it's perfectly reasonable a receiver with it's gain circuit WIDE OPEN will pick up the signal from an xmitter only one channel away. Some receivers with their gain open all the way like this (it can't find a signal) will pick up the RF from a lighter strikeing if it's close enough =)
Old 07-11-2003, 04:00 AM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default servos glitching

A reciever will pickup the strongest signal closest to its frequency. If you have your tx off and it's not transmitting on the frequency the reciever is looking for then it might pickup the next best thing, if something is there.