Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba RF

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM
PcMac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba RF

I have an old Futaba T6EX 2.4 and I want use it for simulators and I wish if there is way to turn the RF signals off so battery can stay longer, radio is out of warranty already so no problems if I modify it from inside, but I want also to be able to use it for flying sometimes, if anybody can help me I would be so grateful
Old 01-26-2010, 11:44 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba RF

Are you sure that the Tx is transmitting when you are in Trainer Mode? Usually, you leave the Transmitter Switch off when you are using the Tx as a Buddy Box. I do not own the T6EX, but I have owned many earlier model Futaba 72Mhz radios such as the T6XA, 7AUPS, 8AUPS, and 9CAP. When they were used as Buddy Boxes, you left the Transmitter Switch off and the Tx received it's power from the Master Transmitter at the other end of the Trainer Cord. The same was true for Flight Sims.

Here is the manual for the T6EX. I only read the part about Trainer Function (pg 15) and it did not say anything about the Transmitter Switch (maybe it is referenced somewhere else).

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/6ex-2_4ghz-manual.pdf
Old 01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
PcMac

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Are you sure that the Tx is transmitting when you are in Trainer Mode? Usually, you leave the Transmitter Switch off when you are using the Tx as a Buddy Box. I do not own the T6EX, but I have owned many earlier model Futaba 72Mhz radios such as the T6XA, 7AUPS, 8AUPS, and 9CAP. When they were used as Buddy Boxes, you left the Transmitter Switch off and the Tx received it's power from the Master Transmitter at the other end of the Trainer Cord. The same was true for Flight Sims.

Here is the manual for the T6EX. I only read the part about Trainer Function (pg 15) and it did not say anything about the Transmitter Switch (maybe it is referenced somewhere else).

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/6ex-2_4ghz-manual.pdf
Thank you for replying, The Idea that I want be able to use dual and Expo. from the radio so radio should be turned on!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 PM
grotto2

PcMac-
I use an old 72mhz Conquest similarly, but remove the crystal to solve the power drain. Can you remove the crystal from yours?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM
PcMac

ORIGINAL: grotto2

PcMac-
I use an old Conquest similarly, but remove the crystal to solve the power drain. Can you remove the crystal from yours?
Thank you Grotto2 for replying, but my radio is 2.4 system so there is no crystal to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 PM
grotto2

Yes, I realized that just after I made the suggestion.
Perhaps the radio is derived from a 72mhz version such that a clear 2.4 transmit section is evident. Can you send a photo of the board?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM
BuschBarber

If you leave the Tx switch turned off and plug in the Trainer Cord or Flight Sim Cord, does the Display light up? If so, it is not Transmitting. That is the way it works on JR/Spektrum radios.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:56 PM
PcMac

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

If you leave the Tx switch turned off and plug in the Trainer Cord or Flight Sim Cord, does the Display light up? If so, it is not Transmitting. That is the way it works on JR/Spektrum radios.
I think something wrong with my radio or with simulator cable because my radio dos not turn on when I connected to sim. cable and I never try this radio with buddy box before.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:01 PM
BuschBarber

It is possible that it needs the Tx Switch on in order to use with the Sim or as a Buddy Box. Since it is 2.4, it will not interfere if it is indeed Transmitting. It is also possible that the RF section is turned Off when in Training mode. A quick note to Futaba would clear that up.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:45 PM
BuschBarber

Did you go into the programming and turn on the Trainer Mode before connecting to your Flight Sim? That may also turn off the Transmit (RF section of your radio).

An easy way to tell is to turn on the Tx and the Rx in your plane.
Verify that the controls move.
Without turning off the Rx, put the Tx in Trainer Mode. If your Rx no longer responds, you are not transmitting.

I did some searches on Google, but I could not find that specific answer.