Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Spektrum 10t and DX8

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Pippin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Spektrum 10t and DX8

There are two new Spektrum systems in the pipe at least for Germany.

Both system have telemetrie. Thus, wait before ordering a Hitec A9

http://www.spektrumdx10t.de/
Old 02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
onewasp

Default RE: New Spektrum 10t and DX8

Interesting.

The 10T appears to be a "tray" radio popular in Europe but not in the USA. Perhaps that is where the 'T' comes in.

I didn't find a reference to the Eight at all. Do you happen to have one?
Old 02-04-2010, 05:40 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this.. translated from German by Google

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...dtcmNP68JbNUoQ

Doubt if we get this one here in the states, either. Too bad, looks like an interesting radio

Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM
victorzamora

DX8: http://horizonhobby.de/index.php?mai...=&prod_id=6463
Old 02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Pippin

Here is a short video (in German):
http://www.spektrumdx10t.de/keynote.html

The DX8 looks rather like the DX6, not like the DX7SE that is just a JR Design.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM
onewasp

Thanks to all for the links and explanation.

Without doubt this shall be in the US market rather soon. Remember that the Spektrum Brand and Spektrum Engineering headquarters are located here in the USA ..... Champaign, IL to be specific.

I am not 'wowed' by the telemetric functions but the younger generation probably will be.
The SD card updates was long needed in their designs. Whether or not it is properly implemented in the future remains to be seen. Giving them the benefit of the doubt this is a decided plus.

The appearance is poor to be polite. No one will ever claim this as stylish or even as appealing as was the DX7/7202 design.

Stick/ trim quality is suspect simply based upon the number of instances of trim lever breakage which have been reported on the 6i. Horizon should deal with this aspect in their advertising as it APPEARS as if it is the same stick/case design.

Strictly a bet ...... Chinese assembly rather than the Taiwan, Indonesia, Japan, USA mix of the DX7.

Not for me but others will feel differently. The "For Sale" prices on my DX7/ DX7se just went up !

Ultimately time will tell.
It will be interesting to see the implementation of changeable modes here in the US. That really is a 'hope' as so far it has been disabled. I feel we shall see it here as ALL Spektrum Txs have always had digital trims including throttle.
A requirement for the mode change capability, but not the only requirement.

Back lit screen. I can take it or leave it as this has not been on my personal radar.

Personal summation: interesting but it does not "turn me on".

Old 02-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Pippin

...according to the salesman, the Spektrum Tx has been developed according to Spektrum/Horizon targets and specs. I guess it´s another JR Propo development like the smaller DX7se.

Here is a picture of the new DX8.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51562.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1372984  
Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 PM
onewasp

Any input from the JR booth ???
Old 02-07-2010, 01:22 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the link!

I just did a little reading and unless they have a way of upgrading the soft/firmware for telemetry you will need all new receivers for this radio. I still, and always will like "Model Match" !!! That is a great feature !

Andy
Old 02-08-2010, 11:23 PM
dribbe

ORIGINAL: onewasp
was the DX7/7202 design.

Stick/ trim quality is suspect simply based upon the number of instances of trim lever breakage which have been reported on the 6i. Horizon should deal with this aspect in their advertising as it APPEARS as if it is the same stick/case design.
As a point of fact, it is not the same stick, and not the same case.... in design, or tool.
The fact is, that beyond styling cues, it has little in common (very little).

David
Old 02-09-2010, 02:49 PM
victorzamora

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Thanks for the link!

I just did a little reading and unless they have a way of upgrading the soft/firmware for telemetry you will need all new receivers for this radio. I still, and always will like ''Model Match'' !!! That is a great feature !

Andy
I think that it's going to be the same way that they run their DX3S. Their DX3S (car telemetry radio) can run with telemetry-enabled receivers and non-telemetry-enabled receivers. If that's not the case, then they really messed up. If so, that's going to give Spektrum/JR a huge edge.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: dribbe

ORIGINAL: onewasp
was the DX7/7202 design.

As a point of fact, it is not the same stick, and not the same case.... in design, or tool.
The fact is, that beyond styling cues, it has little in common (very little).

David

Save for the fact that it looks like cheap crap you may be right.

You need to understand that I have flown JR since the Unlimited 8 was introduced (distributed by Circus Hobby in 1981 long before Horizon came on the scene).
Since 2002 I have purchased the 10X, Dx7, X9303 and DX7se from Horizon and multiple high end digital servo sets and eight high end Rxs. -Over 30 top of the line individual Digital servos to be exact (do the math).

I am a Horizon/Spektrum/JR supporter both in word and in $$$$$$.

Still I feel the DX8 appears as cheap and ugly!-If you find that disagreeable then make it ugly and cheap appearing.
I probably would have purchased one this year save for the appearance which is obviously from the same misguided design group as are the 5e and the 6i designs.

Horizon needs to get on the stick and come up with designs which exude function and quality. They have parted from the JR look of efficiency and functionality (even the extreme 11X still looks like quality).
Spektrum Rxs do NOT appear cheap !
Their Tx case designs however belong next to the penny candy.

Spektrum has missed that boat by a mile on external Tx design.
If they continue to require a family resemblance to the 5e, 6i and now DX8 they may force me off their customer list or at least the Spektrum end which I have supported literally since day one of their DSM2 release.

I have and will pay extra to get exactly what I want. The DX8 doesn't even BEGIN to meet that test.
I still have JR to consider but they have fallen behind on frame rate, switch assignment and some (certainly not all) programming features.

I appreciate your defense of Spektrum. If you will check these pages you will find many, many posts of mine doing the same.
This time they've left each of us with damn little to defend on the appearance front . Nothing as a matter of obvious fact !
Old 02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
pilotpete2

I feel your pain[&o]
As of now I plan to attend the WRAM show on the twentieth of the month . I'm curious to see what is on display at the Horizon booth. I'll try to get as much poop out of them regarding the new radios as I can.
I'm not a big fan of the looks of recent Airtronics models, but their new 6 channel entry model has a nice look for an entry level radio.
I know this has been brought up before, but I thought that Spektrum badged models would be only up to the 7 channel level and JR built models above that point?
I think the styling issue has a generational element, I don't like the overstated look of some of the new designs[:'(]
Pete
Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 PM
onewasp

Pete,

It appears that the 8 and below vs. the 9 and above has at least suffered serious modification.

However, ONLY when the 10 reaches this country will that be confirmed. There are quite a number of countries where the Horizon radio distribution is limited to the Spektrum brand as long term JR relationships existed before Horizon entered those geographic areas.
Soooooo, to really cover that market adequately you need a 10 and perhaps above ????

The UK and McGregors is a good example as is the area covered by JR/Graupner. I'm certain there are many others as well .

Kind of, "How do you define friend vs. competitor?"