Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 Module and recievers for Futaba and JR

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Baldeagle
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 Module and recievers for Futaba and JR

Has anyone tried any of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7381&Product_Name=Corona_2.4Ghz_Futaba_Module_&_Rx_(V2_DSSS). I don't have any 2.4 systems as of yet. Thanks Rich
Old 03-21-2010, 11:28 AM
readyturn
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: 2.4 Module and recievers for Futaba and JR

No, but if you do,, Please post the results.

Thanks
Rick
Old 03-22-2010, 12:28 PM
swede5
My Feedback: (1)

The Corona system cost me my Pizazz (which now cannot be replaced and flew on rails).

The first flight after system switch over went well with just some minor trims needed. The second flight started off like the aircraft had never flown before (well over 200 flights on it over many years) and like it was built so far out of "square" that no amount of help would save it. I did manage to get the needed altitude and re-trimmed the plane. While in the process of doing a moderate speed flyby it snap rolled without input and went nose first into the ground (fortunately soft enough so that the Irvine 53 was salvaged with no problems.

A full system checkout was performed on the battery, servos, and receiver/transmitter setup with no trouble noted at the time.

Fast forward 6 months ................. Completing a foamie F-22 I decided to install the Corona system in it. During system set-up sometimes the ESC would arm the motor and sometimes not. If the motor armed chances were high that another channel would be intermittent. I never knew what was going to activate when plugging in the battery to the ESC. After about 2 hours of dealing with the system I pulled it out, threw it in the trash, and put in a Futaba mid range 6 channel receiver.

Problem over................

Therefore I cannot and will not recommend the Corona 2.4 "systems" to anyone....................and I am a career reliability engineer in the avionics industry, so the proof still remains that you get what you pay for ..............IMHO

Regards
Old 03-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Baldeagle
My Feedback: (7)

Swede5 thanks for the input. I ordered the corona yesterday. I have a beater plane I don't care about to try it on. I guess we will see.