Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Art-Tech and Futaba compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Backdraft83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Art-Tech and Futaba compatible?

Hi everyone,

Just got my first RC plane kit and having abit of a problem with it.

Wanted to start out cheap and got a GWS Slow Stick with a Futaba micro receiver (R114F) and a E sky ESC (EK2-0600A).
My brother had an Art-Tech cessna, which he chrashed pretty bad so he gave the radio controller to me, which according to the dealer should work with this setup. The Art-Tech radio model is EFLY-100B

The only response I get from the servos is when I power up the radio. Theres the small "twitch" at the start but turning the sticks does nothing.
I've tried all the chanels, but nothing

One thing I'm abit worried is that the connectors from the ESC and servos fit both ways in to the receiver and dont know if I've fried it because I did try them both ways. Later after a little googling I found which way the connectors should go....It still responds at the start up, so dont think it's fried but thought I should mention it.

Any experiences with this combination. Is Art-Tech using a different standard or something??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Campgems

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Art-Tech and Futaba compatible?

Are they on the same channel? Is one a PCMand the other a PPM? The R114F is a PPM receiver, so even if you are on the right channel, and the TXis PCM all you are going to get is the little clitch when you power on the receiver.Scratch this, I looked up the TX andit is a FM(PPM)TX.

Are both onthe same frequency?Does the RX have the correct type Xtal? Does the TXwork with the RXitcame with?

Don
Old 03-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Backdraft83

ORIGINAL: Campgems

Are they on the same channel? Is one a PCMand the other a PPM? The R114F is a PPM receiver, so even if you are on the right channel, and the TXis PCM all you are going to get is the little clitch when you power on the receiver.Scratch this, I looked up the TX andit is a FM(PPM)TX.

Are both onthe same frequency?Does the RX have the correct type Xtal? Does the TXwork with the RXitcame with?

Don
Yes both are on the same frequency 35.150mhz. The Art-Tech radio worked fine with the cessan.
The RX Xtal should be the right kind, as the dealer picked them for me....I really dont know if it's the right kind as I'm a noob at this stuff. I just asked for the right parts for this controller...

The RX chrystal reads: FM RX75 TYPE 35 35.150
Art-Tech crystal reads: ART-TX 35.150 MHZ

So there no obvious reason why these shouldn't be compatible??
Can I fry the receiver if I hook up the connector "up side down"? I think the connectors were the wrong kind as they fit in the slot both ways.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Campgems

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of the servo leads will plug in either way. It usually isn't a problem as there is no voltage hooked up when you plug them backwards.

There are three posibilites. One, is that the rx is a single conversion receiver and the crystal you have is a dual conversion Xtal. Ask your dealer about that. Check with the Art-tech to see if that TX is PPM or PCM. I've seen it listed both ways in my search today. If it isn't PPM, then it won't work with your RX even though it is the same frequency. While you are checking with them, make sure that it is in fact compatable with Futaba, IEthe right signal shift. Some work with neg as active signal and some with Pos as active. They are refered to as Neg shift or positive shift.

There is also a possibility that the TX, or RX is broken.

Good luck.

Don
Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Backdraft83

I'll call my dealer back on monday.
Hopefully it's just the crystal and I wont have to invest in an new TX

You guys have a great forum, didn't have to wait long for an answer.
Thanks again.