Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FMS simulator setup help wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:04 AM
garncarz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMS simulator setup help wanted

Greetings;

I have a Futaba 6ex (2.4GHz) that I am trying to use as the controller for the FMS simulator software. I am using the GWS GWFSM002 (square plug to USB) cable. I am running MSWindows XP on my desktop.

I can run the FMS software. The software apparently can see the contoller because I can complete the mapping/callibration function. When I try to fly the simulator, the contollers input does nothing to the plane.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to configure/solve this problem?

Thanks.

John

Old 04-04-2010, 10:13 AM
gearz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FMS simulator setup help wanted

Mine does the same.....I had to set up the radio input....not mapping but theres another screen to set inverted controls and such. Im sorry I dont remember where the site was. I also have the FMS box with the CD. It could have come in the box on a sheet of paper. Ill see if I can find it.....its been awhile. I had the same concern. I start FMS and had no inputs to the models, that much I do remember.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:47 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FMS simulator setup help wanted

ORIGINAL: garncarz Greetings; I have a Futaba 6ex (2.4GHz) that I am trying to use as the controller for the FMS simulator software. I am using the GWS GWFSM002 (square plug to USB) cable. I am running MSWindows XP on my desktop. I can run the FMS software. The software apparently can see the contoller because I can complete the mapping/callibration function. When I try to fly the simulator, the contollers input does nothing to the plane. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to configure/solve this problem? Thanks John
Try setting in trainer mode as per 6EX 2.4Ghz Manual, pg 33

GWS FMSDongle Set up Instructions

Exisiting threads
FMS - Set Up Futaba 6EXA and others
GWS not working with 2.4GHz appearssome cables do and some do not.
Futaba T6EX goes crazy with the PC using the USB connector.

FWIW
"This note was given to me about three months ago, and I can’t remember the source-but the message is certainly worth repeating"
-
“ Never connect the Futaba T6EX-2.4 Ghz trainer system with Futaba radios that have the large round “DIN” connector type as it will cause your T6EX-2.4 Ghz to malfunction.” This was quoted from T6EX-2.4Ghz instruction manual, pg 33 paragraph 2. It is a fact and has been proven at least twice, resulting with the loss of aircraft. “The T6EX-2.4Ghz TXR may be connected to another T6Ex-2.4Ghz, or any T4EX, T6EXA, T7C, T9C,T12Z,T14MZ,or Fx-40 series Transmitter”.

See also sub Section "FMS (Flying-Model-Simulator) + extra Model and Landscape downloads" under
"Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Regards
Alan T.