Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Optima Receiver Power Consumption and a thanks to Mike Mayberry

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Optima Receiver Power Consumption and a thanks to Mike Mayberry

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 01:53 PM
EdgewordMI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optima Receiver Power Consumption and a thanks to Mike Mayberry

First a huge kudos to Mike Mayberry for doing a great job at his symposium at the Toledo Show on Saturday. Lots of great information! What I failed to ask is, what is the power consumption on the Optima receiver only? When using a battery for the SPC location, can we us a small 6.0v 500 Mah battery reliably for several flights, maybe 4 or 5 ten minute flights before recharging? A pack containing the Sanyo KR-600 cells or such? I have several planes with nose weight that can be removed, and to me this would be a great way to avoid "brown outs".
Old 04-12-2010, 04:04 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Optima Receiver Power Consumption and a thanks to Mike Mayberry

ORIGINAL: EdgewordMI First a huge kudos to Mike Mayberry for doing a great job at his symposium at the Toledo Show on Saturday. Lots of great information! What I failed to ask is, what is the power consumption on the Optima receiver only? When using a battery for the SPC location, can we us a small 6.0v 500 Mah battery reliably for several flights, maybe 4 or 5 ten minute flights before recharging? A pack containing the Sanyo KR-600 cells or such? I have several planes with nose weight that can be removed, and to me this would be a great way to avoid "brown outs".
Crosspost answered Manufacturers forum.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Optima Receiver Power Consumption and a thanks to Mike Mayberry

Thanks for the good words... I had a blast doing the symposiums on both days! It's fun with so much interaction with the crowd... Thanks for attending.

The RX"s average about 60-70mah so even with a small batt you'll have plenty of run time.

Mike.