Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

is this futaba 3pk a knockoff?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 12:50 AM
hondaman440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this futaba 3pk a knockoff?

I was interested in a futaba 3pk. I searched on ebay a few times and found a few and it seems most of them are in hong kong and quite a bit cheaper. I was reading a magazine review and noticed that something on the radio didnt match the ones i had seen on ebay. down on the base the on in the magazine as well as the ones on the futaba website say "magnum" while the ones i have seen on ebay say "megatech". I was wondering if this was a legit radio or maybe a knockoff.
I was thinking of buying one but wanted to check this out first.
Thanx in advance
Old 07-18-2003, 05:33 AM
RC Iron Cross
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this futaba 3pk a knockoff?

they are the same Fuataba radio but the Megatech is the name for it in Europe and asia and 3PK in America. Megatechs for the most part come in 27 Mhz and 40 Mhz frequencies. it's a bit hard to find 75Mhz and this can be a problem because 40Mhz is not legal to use in the US as a surface frequency and the FCC may fine you up to $10,000 (if they find out ) 27 mhz only offers 6 channels (or is it 5? I forgot) and if you order the 75 mhz the warranty won't be valid in the US. If something goes wrong with it you are on your own. If you buy the US version or 3PK it comes with a one year warranty and a legal frequency 27 or 75 mhz. I believe the difference in price may be about $50.00 lower on the Megatech from Hong kong including shipping. You need to think about the problems you may have without a warranty and an illegal frequency. Is it worth the extra $50.00?