Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

One way to buddy box with a DX7

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:28 PM
mickvk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One way to buddy box with a DX7

Man, I was really struggling to find simple information about how to buddy box (trainer cord) with a Spektrum DX7. I couldn't find a clear compatibility list to understand what to buy... I read that the DX5 is compatible, but I was looking for something less expensive - just as a buddy box trainer. I finally worked through it so I figured I would summarize it for anybody else searching for this specific answer...

I read that a parkzone ZX10 transmitter would work... Just the nitty gritty here:
    [*]I connected a standard stereo cable to the Dx7.[*]I entered programming mode and went to the trainer menu and selected Pilot Link.[*]I exited programming and "no trainee" is displayed.[*]I connected the ZX10 and turned it on.[*]Now when holding the black switch called Training/Flap, control is in fact transferred to the buddy box.[/list]It was quite easy but it was never broken down in simple terms for me... So I was in the dark.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: One way to buddy box with a DX7

Make sure you try out the combination extensively before actually using it in the field. The JR Training cable is NOT a standard stereo plug. It is a MONO plug. I would hate to see what would happen if the plug would shift in place while you are training somebody.

Just my 2 cents.

Rafael
Old 05-05-2010, 08:59 AM
mickvk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: One way to buddy box with a DX7

Yeah, an ounce of prevention.... I hear that. I will get the right cable before actually flying it. Thanks.