Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Changing RX crystals

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 01:11 PM
Bushpilot99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing RX crystals

I have 3 RX, All which are the same (Futaba FP-R127DF Duel Conversion) The one that I use most of the time runs on channel 24, the other 2 RX one has a 30 crystal, and one has a 50 crystal,Can I put a channel 24 in these other RX? What Im trying to do is have it where I can run most of my planes with the same radio. (Not at the same time)

Thanks Scott
Old 07-19-2003, 01:38 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

It is generally accepted that there is a "high" and a "low" range of frequency crystals.
In other words you can switch the crystals in the lower half of the 72hz band between RX's that already have crystals in the same lower half, and the same goes for the upper half.

You can put a 24 in the 30 RX and go fly, but if you put a 24 in the 50 Rx, you would need to send the RX for retuning to match the low range crystal.

Highflight
Old 07-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Bushpilot99

Thanks Highflight,
One more question, Can I get by with just sending in the RX , or do I have to send in the radio also?

Thanks Scott
"Bushwhackers"
Old 07-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

No, only the RX itself with the crystal installed is needed by the technician. Keep in mind that if you later want to change that same RX back to a low range crystal, it will have to be re-calibrated for the low range.

For the future, my personal suggestion is to take a look at Polk Hobbie's Synth receivers. At just $70, they can be set to fly on ANY of the available channels.

Highflight