Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

using a dx7 as a buddy box for the dx6i...help please!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

using a dx7 as a buddy box for the dx6i...help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:39 PM
tdmoss61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default using a dx7 as a buddy box for the dx6i...help please!!!

guys i need help. i have my t-28 trojan programmed in my dx6i. my first question is, can i use my dx7 for a buddy box as the slave unit and let the dx6i be the master? and secondly, if so, could someone tell me the correct procedure for setting them up. i already have the buddy cord. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx...........td
Old 05-17-2010, 02:04 AM
hawkerone
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: using a dx7 as a buddy box for the dx6i...help please!!!

I can tell you that yes, you can use the DX6i as master and DX7 as slave with the buddy box system. I learned to fly RC on exactly this setup on a Parkzone T-28. I'm too new to tell you how my instructor programed it all up, but somebody should be able to. He had it working in just a few moments. I flew with the DX-7 (his) until I soloed which is the first time I got to fly with my owntransmitter (the DX6i). It must have worked well, since I'm still flying the same T-28 several times a week eight months later.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:54 AM
BEAR-AvHistory

ORIGINAL: tdmoss61

guys i need help. i have my t-28 trojan programmed in my dx6i. my first question is, can i use my dx7 for a buddy box as the slave unit and let the dx6i be the master? and secondly, if so, could someone tell me the correct procedure for setting them up. i already have the buddy cord. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx...........td
Bind the plane to the DX6i & setup all your controls, dual rates etc, in a regular manner as you will use them when you solo the plane.

Select "normal" as the trainer mode in the DX7 menu. Then the most important step - set up the plane, all your controls, dual rates etc, on the DX7 up exactly the same as the DX6i.

Range check the DX6i.

Plug the buddy cord into both transmitters & manually turn on the DX6i. DO NOT turn on the DX7. The attached buddy cord will do that for you.

Run through all the controls with the buddy switch on the DX6i held against its spring & with the buddy switch released to be sure that the DX6i can take over with no problems.

As part of your takeoff check at the hold short line go through the flight controls on both transmitters with the buddy switch held & released one last time.

BTW I learned on this system but with the transmitters reversed DX7 master / DX6i slave. This saved me from any number of plane crashes & to date I have not lost a plane under this system
Old 05-19-2010, 11:49 PM
tdmoss61

hey guys, thanks so much for the input. i done exactly as you said and it works just perfect. this will be my first flight with an instructor and the t-28, i am very excited. this is my next step up from my super cub, i cant wait. thanx again for getting me started............td