Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aileron/Elevator mix

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron/Elevator mix

I have a mini park flyer that has split elevators ie. each half pushed by a wire, but joined up front . The roll rate is really poor and I would like to mix aileron by adding a second elevator servo. I'm not sure this can be done using the 7 channel Specktrum transmitter and the samll AR (full range) 6 channel receiver. Where would the two elevator servos be plugged in? Do I just use the second aileron slot?

I guess first things first, is it do-able?

KKKKFL
Old 07-04-2010, 03:31 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aileron/Elevator mix

ORIGINAL: Franco2fly I have a mini park flyer that has split elevators ie. each half pushed by a wire, but joined up front . The roll rate is really poor and I would like to mix aileron by adding a second elevator servo. I'm not sure this can be done using the 7 channel Specktrum transmitter and the samll AR (full range) 6 channel receiver. Where would the two elevator servos be plugged in? Do I just use the second aileron slot? I guess first things first, is it do-able? KKKKFL
Tailerons have been discussed previously, but few have persevered with that system
Conversion to V-Tail may better assist roll rate.
Construction of detachable and lightweight V-Tails also includes instant V-Tail alignment

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Franco2fly

I'm pretty sure that "V" tail is a mix of elevator and rudder. I can roll slightly faster right now by increasing the rudder input but the roll is more "barrel like". I have done mechanical mixes in the past of aileron and elevator and such a mix will work to increase the roll rate. Problem is that I just don't know if it can be done on the transmitter. Is there a mix condition where you select aileron and elevator and plug two seperate servos one into elevator and the other into flap but do a mix to get the desired results?

KKKKFL
Old 07-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Rob2160

The Futaba 7 C has the mix you are looking for..

It is called Ailevator....

Edit... sorry I had labelled it incorrectly.. it is Ailevator...

From the Futaba 7c Manual

Dual Elevator Servos (with a rudder)

receiver channels. (Flying wings without a separate aileron control use

(AILEVATOR) (ACRO): Many models use two elevator servos, plugged in separateELEVON. V-shaped tail models use V-TAIL, p. 51.

Benefits:

• Ability to adjust each servo's center and end points for perfectly matched travel.

• Ease of assembly, not requiring torque rods for a single servo to drive 2 surfaces.

• Elevators acting also as ailerons for extreme stunt flying or more realistic jet

flying (optional).

• Redundancy, for example in case of a servo failure or mid-air collision.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Franco2fly

Thanks,
Now is Ailerator available on a DX7 Spektrum transmitter?

Anybody?

KKKKFL