Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR sport SX 600 question

Old 07-04-2010, 06:02 PM
tallpauly
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR sport SX 600 question

I have a like new JR sport sx600 fm radio that came with a Hanger 9 p-51 mustang kit, I want to buy another receiver for it to put into a large gas boat, or buy a 2.4 ghz system, I cannot decied witch route to take???? Is the JR a good radio (I've had it 2 years and have yet the nerve to fly the plane still practing) will it have good range with no interferance issue's or should I pick up the futaba 3pmX 2.4ghz??? I would like to be able to just get another recevier for the JR and save some money but I've got alot already vested into the boat and do not want any interferance issues. One more question,, can the JR be converted to a 2.4 setup? Thanks for reading Paul
Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 PM
1320Fastback

Default RE: JR sport SX 600 question

That radio is perfectly capable, I have the same one for my sailplanes and have had them almost out of sight yet still in control.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:26 PM
cgoffa
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: JR sport SX 600 question

that radio is an excellent unit, the case and programming software are the same as the original DX6 just that the dx6 has orange nobby things and a different emitter deck. I have three of these radios one bought new and the others used, and have never had problems with range, if you are going to go 2.4 eventually you should look at a JR module based radio as they can be swapped back and forth with ease, but any of the jr recievers will work as long as you stay away from the NER series, they are PCM and only work with my fancier JR stuff