Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HELP FIRE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:56 AM
skysfallin
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP FIRE!!!

I witnessed two interesting fire issues this weekend. One mine the other a friends plane. He had just finished charging his plane and put it in his van and went back into the house to get the rest of his gear and came out to find his van full of smoke and his plane burning. It was an Alpha with nothing special but after inpecting the damage it looks like the short started in the reciever which was totally melted. But in less the switch shorted there is no way the reciever could have gotten voltage. The switch was mounted up on the side of the fuse with little damage other than the wires. The second was my Aeroworks Yak which ended up in the top of a tree (you know that depth perception thing). It took about two hours to get it down and after inspecting the damage the fire wall got pushed in and stalled the throttle servo and it then shorting and melted all the wiring back to the batteries. I guess the question here is, do they make a circuit breaker to put in line with the battery to prevent overload and thus the ensueing fire.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:00 AM
coriolan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP FIRE!!!

There is small circuit breakers down to 1 amp, a simple fuse holder would be better between Rx battery and switch