Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Bind Plug for AR6100E on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:10 PM
learn2turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bind Plug for AR6100E on eBay

Isee a ton of AR6100Es (or knock-off there-of) on eBay. Most don't have bind plugs.

Anyone know what the bind plug actually does? I would think all it is doing is shorting two pins. Any idea what it is electrically?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:59 PM
tdmoss61

Default RE: Bind Plug for AR6100E on eBay

I have bought several spektrum Rx's on Ebay also, and some have come with a bind plug, and some have not. If you use the 2.4ghz Rx's, you will accumulate several over time. It would be essential to have at least one or two available for binding purposes. The plug is necessary to bind the Rx to the Tx. I don't know the technical aspects of the circuit board in the Rx, but just that It shorts the signal pin and negative pins on the Rx together to put the Rx into bind mode. Then, depending on the Tx you are using, just follow the bind procedure for that Tx to bind to the Rx. Some of the other guys on here pretty versed in the technical stuff, maybe they can tell you why shorting the two pins together sends the Rx into bind mode........TD
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Each servo has 3 wires, the hot (power), ground, and signal. The hot and grounds are wired in a bus in the reciever, that is all the grounds are tied together, and all of the power pins are tied together (one of the reasons you can plug a battery into any servo port.

The signal line from each servo connector however is unique and goes to the portion of the reciever that tells the servos where to move.

Since the battery port only uses two pins (power and ground) that third pin is open. That goes to a circuit, that when it senses a ground on that pin puts the reciever into bind mode.

A bind plug is nothing but a shorting plug that goes between the signal and ground pin, and only puts the reciever into bind mode when connected to the BATT/BIND port. Other that there's nothing really special about it. We have used hemostats at the field in a pinch.

If you have a dead servo you can cut the connector off, peel the wires apart, discard the center wire and tie the outer two together, and viola you have a bind plug.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:01 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Wow. Being that I am a Futabaguy I didn't realize you Specky/JR guys had to go through all that just to bind receivers. Sounds like a pain especially with the frequency with which they lose binding.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:52 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't had one lose binding yet.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:22 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Wow. Being that I am a Futaba guy I didn't realize you Specky/JR guys had to go through all that just to bind receivers. Sounds like a pain especially with the frequency with which they lose binding.
They don't "loose binding"

Some people tend to rebind because they think its a fix-all for other issues they may be having (many self induced)

FWIW I fly both DSM and FAAST, each has its advantages.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:46 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Wow. Being that I am a Futabaguy I didn't realize you Specky/JR guys had to go through all that just to bind receivers. Sounds like a pain especially with the frequency with which they lose binding.
They don't "loose binding"

Some people tend to rebind because they think its a fix-all for other issues they may be having (many self induced)

FWIW I fly both DSM and FAAST, each has its advantages.
Gotcha.