Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

dx6 and 7 trainer mode help needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
nitronut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx6 and 7 trainer mode help needed!!!

I have a new heli and my buddy wants to trainer mode my dx6 to his dx7. His radio says its i trainer mode and recogizes its connect to my radio but whe he hitts the switch to let me take the sticks i have no control!!! what he hell are we doing wrong? im just frustrated now. both radios are setup abd both bound to the heli. he turns his radio on and i plug in and mine comes on and to no avail when he hits his switch to allow me control nothing.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 PM
tdmoss61

Default RE: dx6 and 7 trainer mode help needed!!!

I had this same situation recently and these guys told me how to do it. I know you said dx6, but I buddy boxed my dx6i with my dx7. I used the dx6i as the master and the dx7 as the slave. I could'nt get them to work the other way. Only the master has to be bound to the RX. Make sure all settings are the same in both Tx's (my trim settings did'nt come out the same on the dx7, but just minor trim adjustments fixed that, not subtrim), and make sure that the trainer function in the dx7 is only set to normal with the switch set to L-rocker. Always turn on the master first and plug in the cable to it and then the slave. Never turn on the power switch on the slave TX. Keep in mind that there are some functions that will not work on the slave, like dual rates, ect. From there everything should work perfectly...................TD
Old 07-12-2010, 10:22 PM
tdmoss61

I forgot to tell you earlier, when you have the dx7 set up right, "no trainee" will flash on the screen when you turn it on. Thats without the trainer cord plugged in.......
Old 07-13-2010, 01:50 AM
nitronut

he hasnt set up my radio to the bird , and it is a 6 not a 6i. Originally i set the main adjustments and trims pre flight on my radio and whe i met him at the field he made all the finall adjust ment using his by binding his radio to the bird and actually flew it before i was allowed to hook into his radio at which time he found he couldnt give me control. i also noticed that my radio didnt have any training settings.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:32 AM
tdmoss61

I understand. The dx6 should work the same as the dx6i, because it dosent have any trainer settings either, it just automatically works with the cord and the trainer switch. After a bit of trial and error, I found out that by setting the dx6i up to fly the plane, and then copying the settings in my dx7, it worked fine as long as i used the dx7 as the slave tx. If you do it that way and set up the dx7 like i mentioned, it should work just fine. One drawback to having the dx6i as the master was that the instructor had to hold the trainer switch, because it has the spring switch. For training purposes, I replaced it with a regular toggle switch. It should be no problem as long as you dont use the dx6 as the slave............TD