Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver battery's not matched

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:30 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver battery's not matched

I have a pilot rc 30% yak and I want to use two Rx batteries on seperate switches. My question is can I use two different size batteries, ie: JR 2700 ma 6 volt and a hydramax 2000 ma 6 volt.Also does it make any difference what free channel on the receiver that I plug the second battery into? Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Receiver battery's not matched

Yes, as long as the batteries have the same number of cells and are the same chemistry you can use them as you described. Just do not mix NiCad and NiMh or other different chemistries. You can plug the second battery into any spare channel. Just remember, you must charge them separately, never in parallel if they are NiCad or NiMh.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:49 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Receiver battery's not matched

That will be fine but its a lot of weight to tote around on a 50cc plane unless you're flying IMAC.

The reciever has a power bus, all of the positive pins and all of the ground pins are common. The only thing different is the signal line, thats why spektrum uses the battery port to bind, that 3'rd pin isn't doing anything.