Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

HobbyKing OrangeRx Futaba FASST Compatible 8Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HobbyKing OrangeRx Futaba FASST Compatible 8Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver

Old 09-23-2021, 03:22 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbiga
I cannot get it to bind with my Futaba 16SZ. The green light comes ON but not steady and the responce from the servos has a delay , so i can not use them (and there are 10 of them ).
If the servos are responding correctly to the stick movements, but with a delayed reaction, then it sounds like the receiver is bound to the transmitter. But the delayed reaction movements sound exactly like you are using analog servos with the receiver set to HIGH speed mode. The high speed mode only works correctly with digital servos, and is the default setting for the Orange FASST receivers from the factory. Using analog servos with the receiver in high speed mode causes them to move in jerky motions, or with delayed reactions, or even worse, burns out the servo.

To switch between HIGH (digital servos) speed and LOW (analog servos) speed mode:
Turn transmitter OFF
Turn receiver ON
Press and hold the F/S button for 6 seconds
The Red led will flash fast in high speed mode, and flash slower in low speed mode
Old 09-26-2021, 11:24 PM
mrbiga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dick T. & Dave McDonald , thank you very much for your answer . I use TM-8 Futaba and the receivers in LS mode and they work fine . They are in LS mode in 16SZ also, but the servos have a delay in action and they do not "center " in the middle ....every time in a new spot ... i believe i must buy a new series of receivers..