Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12fg throttle cut

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12fg throttle cut

I have a 12fg and cannot seem to get the throttle cut to go low enough to shut off my engine. I have it activated on my trainer switch so if I hit it by mistake it springs back. I have the percentage set to 0. My throttle trim is set at 0, dead center. If I move the throttle cut above 10% and hit my throttle cut the engine runs faster. Any ideas? By the way the engine is a DA 100. I've used the throttle cut the same way on my 9 cap with no problems.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 12fg throttle cut

Install a kill switch. Some gassers won't die because of the carb vents - and the butterfly has a vent-hole in it. You should have a kill switch anyway. On my 9CA and 8FG I set the same throttle cut switch as I do for my glow but tie it to a servo operated micro switch.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 PM
flatspinjim

I do plan on installing an optic kill. I'm just curious why I can't get it to shut off by closing the carb. I ran it for 2 years on my 9C and it would shut off no problem.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:48 AM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Try a negative value.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know from the 12FG, but did you bottom out the servo throw? Zero the endpoint, trims and sub trims on the throttle and make sure there is plenty of throw left in the servo mechanics. Maybe lift the arm and move it a notch on the gear teeth. If it had worked it should still. I use about 7% on my 9CA and 8FG as a kill throw.

On Futabas it only works in the low range of the throttle stick. Possibly something is fooling the Tx so the kill is disabled. The 8 allows you to move functons all over the place. Is it possible you accidently "relocated" the throttle cut to another stick or switch?
Old 09-11-2010, 07:21 PM
flatspinjim

Ok guys, I got it figured out. It took some adjusting on the linkage, end points and AFR.
Thanks for the suggestions!