RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   7c fasst (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10580274-7c-fasst.html)

tech1wi 06-18-2011 07:19 AM

7c fasst

I have an old futaba 7uafs, and after a maiden you can (trim reset) and then your able to move trim levers back to neutral position. Can you do this with new 7c fasst radio?? Doesn't look like you can.
Just got this radio, so not very familiar w/ it yet..

BuschBarber 06-18-2011 07:43 AM

RE: 7c fasst

ORIGINAL: tech1wi

I have an old futaba 7uafs, and after a maiden you can (trim reset) and then your able to move trim levers back to neutral position. Can you do this with new 7c fasst radio?? Doesn't look like you can.
Just got this radio, so not very familiar w/ it yet..
The 7UAFS had Analog Trims. All modern radios have Digital Trims. They are unique to each Model Memory. There is a Trim Indicator in the LCD Display that tells you how far off Neutral the Trim is. You can even set the Trim Increments to control how much the Seroo travels with each Beep of thr Trim Lever.

Some radios still have Analog Throttle Trim.

Dick T. 06-18-2011 12:30 PM

Look up Sub-Trim in the manual. You can visually center a control surface if it was off mechanically or visually move the surface the amount required for level flight.

BuschBarber 06-18-2011 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Dick T.

Look up Sub-Trim in the manual. You can visually center a control surface if it was off mechanically or visually move the surface the amount required for level flight.
SubTrim is a nice feature, but it does not substitute for good mechanical alignment.

The first thing I do with a new Model Memory id to Reset to Factory Defaults. Next, set the Servo Direction. With the servo at Neutral, install the Servo Arm as close to 90 degrees as possible. Now, use a minimal amount of SubTrim to get the Servo Arm to 90 degrees.

Dick T. 06-19-2011 09:44 AM

100% agreement here. I remember the days before sub-trim where mechnical adjustment was the only way to set up controls and to final trim a model.

Today's radios provide so many ways to make it easy but only if you know where to start.

baronbrian 06-23-2011 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Some radios still have Analog Throttle Trim.
Yes, all the Good ones in the U.S. do :)

BuschBarber 06-23-2011 01:32 PM

I too like the Analog Throttle Trim!!

onewasp 06-23-2011 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

I too like the Analog Throttle Trim!!

I agree with you .

I own both types but analog does have positives on its side .
The major positive for digital trim is the mode change feature .

I fly mode one and it would be easier to sell my used but not abused equipment
but I would not make my selection for that reason alone .

When the JR ten series went to digital trims HH did a rather extensive study and survey .
The results were that the preference was for the 3+1 trim set up .

So here we are.

DougV 06-23-2011 06:45 PM

Digital for me. With Futaba radios you can assign any function to any switch, something I can't do with my 9303.

I assign throttle cut to the trainer switch and I'm done.

Doug.