RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Hitec JR Module 2.4 AFHSS spectra (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10597612-hitec-jr-module-2-4-afhss-spectra.html)

eagletalon 06-28-2011 08:57 PM

Hitec JR Module 2.4 AFHSS spectra

ok after many years of standing at the edge , I finaly made the jump into the world of 2.4 I have been lurking thru the forums threads knowing someday i would have to move into the realm of 2.4 while still flying a split system on 72. with my x9303 jr. that i really enjoy it`s functions i just could`nt give it up and looking to the market I came accross the spectra afhss 2.4j module by Hitec and hopefully i studied/gathered enough resources that i made the right choice going with the hitec module.
along with two 9ch optima rxs as it`s offered in a combo pack. for my JR9303 tx.
i`ve got a 35% yak and a ef88 that i`am replaceing my oldschool mike mconville split system . No hard feilling mike you`ve been a great mentor for many of us thanks again, luv-ya-man.
so having said all that along with being new to the 2.4 era i`am just waiting for delivery of this new tech stuff, and will post my findings along with any help from those that may be useing this same setup. Thanks for takeing the time to read my excitement.

updated

eagletalon 06-28-2011 09:10 PM

RE: Hitec JR Module 2.4 AFHSS spectra

latest: just thougt i would post the latest: from my OP i installed the tx module in my 9303 and the optima 9 rx`s in my planes, let me say it does`nt get any simpler than this. the radio module well not much to say here but take it out of the box inspect it for a minute , then i just pluged it in to my 9303 done and the optima 9 rx placed in my 35% also my 30% both are running on dual fromeco li-ion batt`s and dual fromeco regs . all i had to do was take my servos and regs, plug them right into the rx then mount the two bota ant,thats it i`am done with the hardware install . no other hardware other than fromeco switch`s. now i just went over the operator manual pretty straight forward,tx module requires tx to be set in the ppm mode to operate then i went thru the binding process in normal or scan select modes, range check. i just went over this process until i was comfortable with every thing. now to put it all to the test , I was a bit nervous then a bit more along with much excitement the weekend is here now, let`s Do This. Go thru set up and safety step . all checks good . throttle up and airborne so i`am good to go all went well and i flew several flights thru out the day i found that my radio does`nt ballance without the long whip ant, but i got use to that real quick. hope i was not to long winded , just wanted to share.

A.T. 06-29-2011 12:10 AM

RE: Hitec JR Module 2.4 AFHSS spectra

ORIGINAL: eagletalon<snip></snip>
i found that my radio does`nt ballance without the long whip ant, but i got use to that real quick. hope i was not to long winded , just wanted to share.
Post #1 &amp;#2 - Good information.

To balance your transmitter with the short antnenna, Hitec provide a TX balance adjustor:
<u><font color="#22229c">Balance with Neck Strap</font></u><font size="1"> "#55843 Transmitter Weight Balancer".
<span style="font-size: x-small">There are also a number of similar JR/Spektrum "TX Balancer" as well as aftermarket items, -current thread available for all brands</span>.
</font>
ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Spectra Modules &amp; Optima Transceivers.
<span style="font-size: smaller">- FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips.</span><span style="font-size: smaller"> {Individual Links often updated}
</span>

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links