RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   12 FG triple rates on ONE switch (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10599559-12-fg-triple-rates-one-switch.html)

ozzieflyer 06-30-2011 04:12 AM

12 FG triple rates on ONE switch

Am learning my 12FG, but can't seem to get the triple rates to work on one switch, say switc SD.

I used the following info from the Futaba FAQ's for the 12FG.
-
Radio System FAQ
How do I setup Triple Rates on my 12FG?

To set up dual rates, go to Dual Rate screen in the Model menu. Go to Function in the center of the page and select the control surface you want to set up. Scroll to the Status and select On of Off.

Next scroll over to the right hand side of the page and choose the switch you want the rates assigned to. You will want to go into the On/Off selection screen and assign the position you want your lower rate set to.

Now back out to the Model menu screen again and go into the AFR screen. With the switch you selected in the UP position, your AFR will most likely be set to 100%. If you want or need it set lower, do so now. Next flip the switch that you assigned your Dual Rate to and reset the rates to the amount you want your lower rate set to.

Now you have your AFR's position as full throw, bottom is low throw or dual rates on that control surface.

Then go back to the Dual Rate menu and select D/R 2 and activate it and simply set this third rate the same as you did above.

Now you have your AFR's position as full throw, bottom is low throw or dual rates on that control surface.

By following this for your other surfaces, Ailerons, Elevators and Rudder, you can have triple rates all on one Condition.
-

But I can't work out how to set it to activate on the one switch.
So UP is full rate.
Mid is 75%
Bot is 50%

Can somebody help and explain the steps?

Bax 06-30-2011 12:57 PM

RE: 12 FG triple rates on ONE switch

To have triple rates on a control function, you activate two "dual rates". First, you must set up the full control throw you want when no rates are used. Remember, rates are used to REDUCE control throws.

We'll use aileron as an example, and put them onto switch C. Go into the DUAL RATE section of the Model Menu. Turn the first rate on, set it to aileron, select Switch C with an on/off position of "off-on-off".

Set up the second rate by turning it on, select aileron, then switch C with an on/off position of "off-off-on".

Now, go into the AFR section of the Model Menu. Press S1 to go to the second page of the AFR section and make sure the control function is AILERON. At the bottom of the right-hand portion of the screen, you'll see the dual rate numbers. Since this is the first function we're setting up, they will be 1 & 2 showing there. Flip the dual rate switch (switch C in this case) so that the 1 is now in the black box. Press S1 to go to the first screen and set Rate A and Rate B to the desired amounts. Once done, Press S1 to go to the second screen, move the switch to the end position to highlight the 2. Now press S1 to go back to the first screen and set Rate A and Rate B to the points you want for this rate.

We had the switch set so that no rates were 100%, rate 1 was 75%, and rate 2 was 50%. When you look at the AFR curve, you can see the line move as you flip through the rates. If you are using conditions, and want these rates to be active only in a given condition, set the condition switch to the desired condition, set the values for the rates, and make sure the group gets set to SINGLE.

When you go to the next function, you will set rates 3 & 4 to get triple ratee, and set 5 & 6 to a third function. This will give you three rates on three functions. Remember, this is all PER CONDITION, so if you have four conditions, and set three rates, you can really have 3 rates x 4 conditions, or 12 rates per control function. A bit much, but if that trips your trigger......

Hope this all helps you.

ozzieflyer 06-30-2011 02:57 PM

RE: 12 FG triple rates on ONE switch

Fantastic,

Thanks so much.
Great information, and these steps you have given walked me through.

I am loving my new 12FG, just takes a bit of getting use after my JR 10x, (although I do miss my touch screen).