RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   radio glitches on gas engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1063016-radio-glitches-gas-engines.html)

Scott in Nantucket 08-17-2003 01:07 PM

radio glitches on gas engines

I want to know how to get no radio glitches between a gas engine with an electronic ignition and a fataba radio system. I've already crashed a quarter-scale sequoi and I am a beginner in gas engines. Does anyone have any information that might prevent me loosing another plane?

dirtybird 08-17-2003 03:27 PM

Re: radio glitches on gas engines

Originally posted by scottsquicklube
I want to know how to get no radio glitches between a gas engine with an electronic ignition and a fataba radio system. I've already crashed a quarter-scale sequoi and I am a beginner in gas engines. Does anyone have any information that might prevent me loosing another plane?
1) Find a club in your area.
2) Join.
3) Find a club member that flies gas.
4) Request help

Hanger Rat 08-17-2003 03:34 PM

Do what Dirtybird says. It is good advice. I doubt your problem is the gas engine.

Scott in Nantucket 08-17-2003 04:57 PM

I'm the only person flying gas engines on Nantucket... it's an island 30 miles out to sea! We have no model club or hobby shop, just a bunch of drunks looking to fly without crashing!

Rodney 08-17-2003 06:41 PM

Have you taken the usual precautions? some of which are
1:no metal to metal contacts that can vibrate
2:a nylon throttle control rod.
3:max seperation between the engine and the radio, radio batteries, servo wiring etc.
4:A resistor spark plug (part no. has an R in it).
5:Kill switch wiring forward of the firewall.

Scott in Nantucket 08-18-2003 09:53 AM

thanks rodney for the reply, yes I did do all those things on that plane but I lost it any way. After reading some of the messages on this forum I think I'm going to use pcm receiver and try to find a glitch detector somewhere. maybe you could help me with that problem. Everything in this plane will be new.

dirtybird 08-18-2003 04:34 PM

Originally posted by scottsquicklube
thanks rodney for the reply, yes I did do all those things on that plane but I lost it any way. After reading some of the messages on this forum I think I'm going to use pcm receiver and try to find a glitch detector somewhere. maybe you could help me with that problem. Everything in this plane will be new.
If you want help please give us the type of engine,spark plug, airplane, propeller, radio, servos and if posible a picture of your installation including the engine and the receiver.
If you install a PCM receiver be sure to get the glitch detector in order to know if you still have a problem. A PCM receiver could cover up the problem and make your airplane dangerous

dickj 08-18-2003 09:34 PM

try the www.emsjomar.com site and order his glitch counter.

dickj 08-18-2003 09:34 PM

delete duplicate post

Rodney 08-19-2003 02:26 PM

Just remember, PCM does not cure interferance, just maskes it until to late to do any thing about it.