RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   futaba 9c throttle cut.help needed (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10648035-futaba-9c-throttle-cut-help-needed.html)

mub.kaz 07-31-2011 12:04 PM

futaba 9c throttle cut.help needed

helo all
i need to know that how i set the throttle cut function in my futaba t9cp.i saw in the manual and tried many time.but not succeeded yet.
i want to set said above function on switch F.plz someone help me and teach me step by step as like a teacher.i will do the same wich i will get from you.
teach me in a easiest way please.
thanks u all
regards
kazmi

Campgems 07-31-2011 12:20 PM

RE: futaba 9c throttle cut.help needed

Kazmi

First, you need to make sure the servo can fully close the throttle. Check this wiht the trim to make sure you have enough movement tokill the engine. Now, ""Mode", Scan down to "Throttle Cut"and open it. Mix should be OFF, Rate set to 20%, you may need more or less depending on your engine and throttle setup, Sw set to you choice, and Position you want the switch to activate the throttle cut.

Start your engine and set the throttle to your desired full idle, then transfer the switch, The servo should move more to the closed side. If it doesn't, you will need to change your end point, and/or add more % of movement.

The kill switch will only be effective at full idle. The throttle overides it above full idle.

Don

4*60 07-31-2011 10:17 PM

Or you can set up a mix I believe, throttle to throttle and set it at 0 with a switch postition.

Here's the recipe for the throttle cut mix for a 9C.
(THRO>THRO)

RATE>-100% -100%

OFFSET> 0%

Assign to the switch

As I understand it.

BuschBarber 07-31-2011 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: 4*60

Or you can set up a mix I believe, throttle to throttle and set it at 0 with a switch postition.

Here's the recipe for the throttle lock mix for a 9C.
(THRO>THRO)

RATE>-100% -100%

OFFSET> 0%

Assign to the switch

As I understand it.

Throttle Cut is used to Kill the engine after landing. When you say Throttle Lock, don't you mean preventing the Throttle position from being changed, such as with Electrics, to prevent accidentally advancing the Throttle while handling the aircraft?

4*60 07-31-2011 10:48 PM

I cut and pasted. That was a typo in the original quote. Thr-thr and -100% is throttle cut. Sorry about the confusion.
I belive this to be correct from memory but sold my 9C a while ago so can't chaeck it out. Worked for me on all electrics.

Now on the A9 I just set thr curve to 0 on all points on a switch.

BuschBarber 08-01-2011 04:03 AM

ORIGINAL: 4*60

I cut and pasted. That was a typo in the original quote. Thr-thr and -100% is throttle cut. Sorry about the confusion.
I belive this to be correct from memory but sold my 9C a while ago so can't chaeck it out. Worked for me on all electrics.

Now on the A9 I just set thr curve to 0 on all points on a switch.

With Electrics, the biggest concern is that you will Bump the Throttle Stick, before you are ready, and cut yourself. Throttle Lock, operated by a switch, should help prevent that. I believe this is what you are talking about.

Throttle Cut is used for Gas and Glow engines where the lowest Throttle Stick setting puts the engine at Idle. Throttle Cut closes the Carb Barrel or Butterfly, completely, at the flip of a Switch or Lever, which usually Kills the engine.