RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Aurora 9 charger (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10650474-aurora-9-charger.html)

the pope 08-01-2011 06:57 PM

Aurora 9 charger

Hi the charger that came with the set doesnt appear to charge the trans. the light wont come on at all. I have a flash 5 set and the charger that came with that has a different volt output. Can I use this charger with the aurora ? I am scared to try in case I cause damage to my new transmitter.Thanks Michael

A.T. 08-01-2011 07:26 PM

RE: Aurora 9 charger

ORIGINAL: the pope Hi the charger that came with the set doesnt appear to charge the trans. the light wont come on at all. I have a flash 5 set and the charger that came with that has a different volt output. Can I use this charger with the aurora ? I am scared to try in case I cause damage to my new transmitter.Thanks Michael
1. There are two holes on back of Aurora, plug fits into both - check using correct socket on rear left
which has "Charge &(+ center)&(- Outer)" symbols above it.
2. No, do not attempt to charge the six cell NiMH battery with an eight cell charger (Plugs are also diffeerent suzes to prevent accidents)
3. Aurora 9 - Battery is not charged. Charge before first use so as not to damage battery.
<font size="1">Battery is 1300 mAh_charge rate is 80 mAh (to minimise damage if left on to long at any time) = 19-20 hours for first full charge - please read the further details.
</font><span style="font-size: x-small">4. Aurora 9 - 110/230 Vac charger Charge Plug/adaptor sizes.
<span style="font-size: smaller">[<font color="#ff0000">Red</font> LED does not change to <font color="#008000">Green </font>simply dims out but charge continues same rate].
</span>5. Aurora 9 - Diode in TX Charge Circuit <font color="#ff0000">Never Jump TX Charge Circuit Diode - Hitec FAQ.</font>
6. Aurora 9 - Lipo &amp; Field Charging. includes Fast Charge Aurora, Eclipse 7, Flash 4&amp;5, Laser, Optic 6, Prism 7 etc.

and more under Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules &amp; Optima Transceivers
- FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}
</span>
<span style="font-size: smaller">in need,email direct toHitec Warranty &amp; Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
&bull; If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.
</span>
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links

the pope 08-01-2011 09:05 PM

RE: Aurora 9 charger

Thanks A.T. for your reply, I just received an email back from the importer and was told that sometimes theres a faulty light but the unit is still charging. I am a bit anal about putting things in the wrong hole so I got that part right. Will charge overnight and see what happens. I wasnt to keen on removing the battery each time I charge otherwise I would use a quick charger. Thanks again the pope