RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Spektrum DX-7 programming ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10666696-spektrum-dx-7-programming.html)

Ed 08-11-2011 07:02 PM

Spektrum DX-7 programming ?

I'm using my DX-7 together with an AR-7000 receiver, and only need 4 channels of control. But I would like to use a slave channel for a second elevator servo. Which channel do I select as a slave, 5, 6, or 7 ? And how do I go about programming it ?

Thank you gentlemen.

ed

BuschBarber 08-11-2011 07:39 PM

RE: Spektrum DX-7 programming ?

ORIGINAL: Ed

I'm using my DX-7 together with an AR-7000 receiver, and only need 4 channels of control. But I would like to use a slave channel for a second elevator servo. Which channel do I select as a slave, 5, 6, or 7 ? And how do I go about programming it ?

Thank you gentlemen.

ed
Most computers these days come with a number of Canned programs, such as Flapperons, Elevons, Differential Ailerons, Aileron to Rudder, etc., that Mix specific channels. They also come with one or more Programmable Mixers (PM) that allow you to Mix various combinations of channels. For Dual Elevators, you can use a PM to mix the Elevator Ch3 as the Master and Gear Ch5 as the Slave (you could just as easily have used Ch6 or Ch7, instead. Whatever channel you choose as the Slave, be sure to disable the Switch that may be associated with that channel. In the case of Gear, you need to disable the Gear Switch. Plug the Right Elevator servo into the Elevator channel and the Left Elevator servo into the Gear channel. You can use Servo Reverse on either channel to ensure both channels move in the same direction. You also need to set the Travel for both channels so they both move together. You do not need to assign a switch to turn the Mix On or Off since you want it On all the time.

BarracudaHockey 08-12-2011 03:00 AM

The DX7 doesn't have a canned dual elevator mix so you will need a P-mix. Make sure (and this is important) that you use P-mix 5 or 6 else your trim will only effect the master channel

codimasta 08-12-2011 07:37 PM

This might help:
DX-7 Dual Elevators
Go to Mix#5 (Allows use of trim)
Setup: Master Elevator
Slave Gear
Rate +100 %

+100 %
May have to flick the gear switch
Go to Mix#1
Setup:Master Gear
Slave Gear
Rate -100%
Rate -100%
This inhibits the Gear Switch
Travel adjustment: Elevator & Gear (the same for sub trim, normal reverse)

DX7 DUAL AILERONS

1. Go to the Set-up mode (Hold down Scroll and Select keys while turning on)
2. Scroll to the Input Select screen
3. Set AUX#2 to INH, AUX#2 Trim to INH, Flap to System(should be default), Flap trim to INH,
This turns off AUX#2 channel from the lever
4. Do not activate Flaperons. It must be OFF

Aileron Setup
1. Power off the TX and turn on. Go to normal
programming
2. Scroll to Pmix #6. Set Aileron as master and
AUX#2 as slave. Set mix levels at 100%
(This requires movement of the Aileron Stick)
3. Set the Sub trims on the aileron and aux#2 to
match each other.
5. Scroll to Travel Adjust and set the desired
Travel for the right aileron and left aileron
(AUX#2)
6. If the ailerons are backward..go the reverse
Switches and correct