RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Polk Tracker III Transmitter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10688353-polk-tracker-iii-transmitter.html)

prichiuso 08-26-2011 11:50 AM

Polk Tracker III Transmitter

Does anyone know of a way to increase the pulse width on the channel 5 (Landing Gear) of a Polk Tracker III transmitter ??

lbarnes 09-03-2011 04:56 PM

RE: Polk Tracker III Transmitter

Why do you wish to increase the width?

I have 2 trackers and never needed to change the pulse. You can play with the EPA and trims.

Larry

prichiuso 09-04-2011 11:38 AM

Larry,
One of the electric servoless retract gear sets I bought had the switch points set at the extreme range. The pulse width on the gear switch of my Tracker only went from about 1.10 to 1.90 ms. I could get some of the gears to work but only by using the end point adjustments and the sub-trim. I did'nt feel it was a reliable way to do it.

lbarnes 09-04-2011 02:04 PM

Well, you could make a ckt that when it see's a pulse input it sends a pulse out set at your width. Something along the line of 555 pulse generator ckt that you could adjust the output pulse.

It's been some time since I designed and played with ic chips.

Larry

prichiuso 09-05-2011 07:29 AM

Larry,
There are pulse extenders that you can by to increase the pulse width. I've bought a couple. But I still think there ought to be a way to do it internally to the TX. The nominal pulse width should be 1.00 to 2.00 Ms, with the EPA able to adjust the pulse width to 0.090 to 2.10.

lbarnes 09-05-2011 07:58 AM

Well, I would advise you to call polk hobbies.

Press the extension for sales and talk to John Gills.

If there is a way he will know.

Larry

John Sohm 09-05-2011 06:03 PM

Are you really sure you need to adjust the pulse width? I would think it's a similar issue like on a JR radio where you need to adjust the end point travel to max it out like when using retract servos. Futaba retract channel is maxed at something like 134% where JR is only 100%. The servo doesn't respond until you adjust the end points to about 125% on the retract channel then it works. Did you try that?

BuschBarber 09-05-2011 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: John Sohm

Are you really sure you need to adjust the pulse width? I would think it's a similar issue like on a JR radio where you need to adjust the end point travel to max it out like when using retract servos. Futaba retract channel is maxed at something like 134% where JR is only 100%. The servo doesn't respond until you adjust the end points to about 125% on the retract channel then it works. Did you try that?
Most Retract servos are not Proportional so you cannot set Travel Volume or EPA. I was recently informed that Spektrum Retract servos are Proportional and have torque comparable with the JR 791 Retract servo.