RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   reversing servos (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1070189-reversing-servos.html)

DUHAWK49 08-19-2003 06:21 PM

reversing servos

got my patty about ready to go and came across a problem.. i have hitec digitals and was wondering how i can reverse one servo on the elevator so i can use a standard y harness.. is there an easy way to do this? id like to know.. any other ideas welcome too.. thanks :D

Ian.W 08-19-2003 06:46 PM

reversing servos

Hi

The only two ways i know are these:

1) put an onboard servo reverser on the reversed servo ( not v. accruate)

OR

2) put the reversed servo the outher way aroun so the output horn is fasing the front and visa versa

DUHAWK49 08-19-2003 06:51 PM

hmm

ya those are the ways i was thinking too but just wanted make the same setup as what the manual shows.. i may just have to turn the one around if i can.. i didnt want to use the reverser on the y harness exactly for the same reasons you stated.. anyway thanks i will see what i can do :cool:

dant-RCU 08-19-2003 06:54 PM

reversing servos

If you have access to or can find someone who has the Hitec digital programmer you can reverse one of the servos.

It is my understanding that doing this and using a standard "y" harness works just fine but that digitals do not like the "Smart-Y" reversing harness. I am getting ready to do the same thing with two elevator servos.

If you lived here you could use my programmer........

If you set the servos to point in the same direction (thereby having the same direction of rotation) then you should make sure that the servo-end connection (servo arm) is the same distance from the fuse centerline as this should keep the pushrod geometry the same for each half. I did this successfully in my GP Spacewalker and it has worked fine for 4 years.

Just my nickle here....

Dan

Giant Scale 08-20-2003 02:52 AM

reversing servos

Many hobby shops that sell hitec servos have the programmers. They may reverse your servo for a fee. Try to find a member of your club that has one or return the servo to hitec and they will do it for free. If you plan on using hitec digitals in the future the programmer is good investment, it is also useful to test other brands of servos.

DUHAWK49 08-20-2003 03:03 AM

PROGRAMMER

ID LIKE TO GET ONE BUT ALL I NEED IS ONE REVERSED RIGHT NOW.. IF I GOT ONE CHEAP ID DO IT. SENT AN EMAIL TO SERVO CITY TO SEE IF THEY WILL DO IT.. :D

Lynx 08-20-2003 07:27 AM

reversing servos

If that fee is more than a nickle shoot them. It's a crime =P Not shooting them, them charging more than a nickle.

DUHAWK49 08-20-2003 11:58 PM

servo city

well they replied back and will do it for free.. just have to pay shipping is all.. not a bad deal :cool: