RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Futaba 12Z transmitter update (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10842569-futaba-12z-transmitter-update.html)

thinano 12-04-2011 09:14 AM

Futaba 12Z transmitter update

Good morning,

I have a question about my Futaba 12Z transmitter, please :

I just downloaded the latest software’s version 1-7-1.
Now, after switching on the transmitter, I cannot choose between transmitting or not.
Before updating my transmitter, a window suggested this choice just after switching on it.

Is this choice no more available for the latest version ?

Thank you for your help.

Thierry

beto9 12-05-2011 06:51 AM

RE: Futaba 12Z transmitter update

Hold the "mouse" button while you power it up.

thinano 12-05-2011 07:00 AM

Thank you Beto9 for your answer !
I looked for this information in the last update manual without success.
Where did you find it, please ?

Hill202 12-05-2011 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: thinano

Thank you Beto9 for your answer !
I looked for this information in the last update manual without success.
Where did you find it, please ?

I have the 12z as well. There is alot of info that you will not find in the manual.

thinano 12-05-2011 07:21 AM

Anyway, thank you for your help !!!!

Thierry

Rom 12-26-2011 07:32 AM

Is Futaba releasing a new 12Z Transmitter with Telemetry?

FULLTILT 12-26-2011 06:15 PM

Where can info like that be obtained that is not in the manual?

keith

bem 12-27-2011 04:07 AM

keit,

I think much info that is not written in original user manual can be found by:
- getting all the PDF's with list of new features for all firmware updates that has been released during the years(latest 1.7.1 and older like 1.7.0,1.6.1, 1.6.0 etc)
- reading US Futaba FAQ on 12MZ http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-12z.html

And on forums of course.

That is the way I try to keep all info for my 14MZ up to date.

/Bo

thinano 12-27-2011 04:18 AM

Please, where do you find ALL PDF's ?
On Futaba website, I just find the last one.

bem 12-27-2011 04:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Rom

Is Futaba releasing a new 12Z Transmitter with Telemetry?
Hi,
You will be able to use Telemetry with all present Futaba radios with the new external telemetry box or WIFI box
and a FASSTest compatible receviver like R7008SB FASSTest/FASST.

http://www.robbe.de/content_global/p...Telemetrie.pdf
Modell AVIATOR: Kann ich auch meine alten FASSTSender
auf das neue Telemetriesystem umrüsten?
Frank Schwartz: Eine Umrüstung der FASST-Sender,
sodass die Telemetriedaten auf dem Sender empfangen
und im Display des Senders angezeigt werden können, ist
bisher nicht vorgesehen. Wir bieten allerdings mit der
Telemetry- und WIFI-Box zwei sehr gute Möglichkeiten
an, auch mit bestehenden FASST-Sendern die Vorteile der
robbe/Futaba-Telemetrie uneingeschränkt zu nutzen.

English:
Model Aviator: Can I also convert my old transmitter
to the new telemetry system?
Frank Schwartz: A modification of the FASST transmitter,
so that the telemetry data received at the transmitter
and can be displayed on the display of the transmitter is
<u>not</u> previously provided. We do, however, with the
Telemetry and WIFI box offer two very good opportunities,
even with existing FASST-transmitters to take advantage of the
robbe/Futaba-telemetry without restriction.

Also read:
http://news.robbe.com/de/wp-content/...011_Update.pdf
Use Google translator to translate from German to English.

I'm not sure if Futaba will start soon to make new updated transmitters from factory with telemetry built in and shown on
transmitter internal display for example 8FG, 12Z, 12FG and 14MZ but I guess so. Andrathersoon now since18MZ has
been released. Personally If I would buy a new Futaba transmitter in near future I would make sure it got telemetry data displayed
directly on it's own screen and no extra telemetry box needed.

I would have prefered a software upgrade for my 14MZ thatdisplayed telemetry data in transmitter own LCD display but it seems
this will not be the case. I do not like an extra telemetry box hanging on the transmitter.

/Bo

Rom 12-27-2011 04:58 AM

Thank you Bo. I have been flying Multiplex but with the poor decision of not supporting M-Link in the US, Futaba looks really good; Expensive but good. I have flown a friends 14MZ and the transmitter is sweet. I love the large screen with great resolution and if it will support telemetry so much better. There is no going back I believe every high end transmitter will have to display telemetry to be in the game.

Dick T. 12-27-2011 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: bem

I'm not sure if Futaba will start soon to make new updated transmitters from factory with telemetry built in and shown on
transmitter internal display for example 8FG, 12Z, 12FG and 14MZ but I guess so. And rather soon now since 18MZ has
been released. Personally If I would buy a new Futaba transmitter in near future I would make sure it got telemetry data displayed
directly on it's own screen and no extra telemetry box needed.

I would have prefered a software upgrade for my 14MZ that displayed telemetry data in transmitter own LCD display but it seems
this will not be the case. I do not like an extra telemetry box hanging on the transmitter.

/Bo
Thanks for the links to new information. Good to know what is coming in the future.

After reading the 18MZ manual online I did not anticipate a 14MZ update allowing telemetry in the display (plus the TM-14 module is not bi-directional). Basically the 18MZ is a 14MZ with additional new features and refinements, a natural progression of an outstanding transmitter.

If Futaba continues the 12FG, 12Z and 14MZ they will have systems for every price and feature level with full FASST compatibility from the 6EX all the way up to the 18MZ.

Rom 12-28-2011 08:17 AM

Here is a dream for Futaba or Robbe instead of the Box, how about Telemetry displayed on Sunglasses in the form of HUD. By the way bem those were good articles, thanks for the links.<div>
</div><div>
</div><div>regards</div><div>Roman</div>

jolly_roger 02-08-2012 10:53 PM

I have thought exactly the same thing Roman. HUD that plugs into the transmitter so there is no need to take your eyes off the model to get data info. It would be projected onto your glasses/goggles somehow.

Imagine that for gliders pilots. There might be little gadgets attached to the model the measure air temp, air speed, angle of decent which is tranferred back to the tranmsitter and onto a HUD.

Would that be cheating though????

Daz

Rom 02-09-2012 05:50 AM

Hi Daz, this indeed would be cheating under current rules. I would assume that mixer capabilities and combi switches may have been seen the same way years ago just like flybarless is at FAI comps. I however think of it as keeping up with technology. The prices some of these radios command these days make me think HUD would be in the package. At $3000 for the 18MZ I would like to know what the profit margin is. Do not get me wrong God bless them for making all that money but costing more than the combined sum of my two home computers and IPad you bet put telemetry in my sunglasses. I think this is a matter of time before it shows up; after all this is a safety issue with dynamic soarers, jets &amp; helis. Taking your eyes off the model could be costly if not deadly. I am glad you are in and hope many others are too.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/72_72.gif

Cheers
Roman<br type="_moz" />