RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Spectrum DX7 BUZZZZING (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/10914078-spectrum-dx7-buzzzzing.html)

stagger123 01-17-2012 03:11 PM

Spectrum DX7 BUZZZZING

1 Attachment(s)
I bought the first DX7 3 years ago have had some brown outs as well as black outs they do fail ..But iam really not happy now it started buzzing a couple months ago it never made any noise .it almost sounds like a stuck servo.so i sent it to horizion hobby!!! techniction said the buzz means your RF is working he said thats a good thing (***) i said it hasnt buzzed for three years....he said iam telling you its fine dont worrie about it..they send it back they put a new battery in it so i cycle it 3 times .turn my radio on 11.7v after 40 min of flying iam at 10.2v after 60min 9,6v !!!!anyone have a clue so i can tell them how to fix it lol..... i have a bad voltage draw somewhere in the radio.i sent it off to them so ill see what happens next
Stagger123.

BuschBarber 01-17-2012 03:44 PM

RE: Spectrum DX7 BUZZZZING

ORIGINAL: stagger123

I bought the first DX7 3 years ago have had some brown outs as well as black outs they do fail ..But iam really not happy now it started buzzing a couple months ago it never made any noise .it almost sounds like a stuck servo.so i sent it to horizion hobby!!! techniction said the buzz means your RF is working he said thats a good thing (***) i said it hasnt buzzed for three years....he said iam telling you its fine dont worrie about it..they send it back they put a new battery in it so i cycle it 3 times .turn my radio on 11.7v after 40 min of flying iam at 10.2v after 60min 9,6v !!!!anyone have a clue so i can tell them how to fix it lol..... i have a bad voltage draw somewhere in the radio.i sent it off to them so ill see what happens next
Stagger123.

I have never heard a transmitter Buzz, in person, but I have read some threads about it. As far as the battery goes, I don't believe the DX7 comes with a 3 cell LiPo Tx pack (12.6v) . An 8 cell NiCad or NiMh Tx battery does not charge to 11.7v. When you say 40 min of flying do you mean, for example, four 10 min flights, where the Tx was powered up and in use for 40 min?

I am not sure how much current a DX7 draws when transmitting, but it should be less than 200mah. What size and type of Tx battery did they install? When you cycled the battery, what load did you put on the charger and how many minutes did you get?

I like to use 2500mah Tx batteries.

BarracudaHockey 01-18-2012 07:06 AM

They all do it, some people can't hear it, some can.

fizzwater2 01-18-2012 07:38 AM

9.6 is the normal voltage for an 8 cell NiCd or NiMh battery pack. They'll typically run at 9.6 for quite some time. 9.6 doesn't mean it's discharged.