RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Aloft Hobbies and FrSky......Be careful dealing with these people! (RESOLVED) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11585422-aloft-hobbies-frsky-careful-dealing-these-people-resolved.html)

Ron Kay 08-21-2013 09:30 AM

Aloft Hobbies and FrSky......Be careful dealing with these people! (RESOLVED)

Aloft Hobbies, be careful dealing with these people! :(

I purchased several FrSky modules from Aloft, had a problem, sent the modules back for service per their request and that was the last time I saw my equipment! Have tried contacting them via email and phone and have never heard back! Several months have passed and they still have my equipment! Contacted FrSky and was told they will not get involved with this situation!

No Customer Support and NO EQUIPMENT! :(

Deal with know honorable dealers!

From this experience I've decided to stay with the major brands Hitec and JR from Horizon or Tower and pay the premium. At least I know I'll get quality service and support...

rogsteele 08-21-2013 01:26 PM

Had nothing but good dealings with them, fast service, good deals Frsky best kept secret around

dirtybird 08-21-2013 01:41 PM

I ordered a radio. They put me on the waiting list and notified me when I could expect to receive it and I had it when they said I would
Whats wrong with that?

Ron Kay 08-21-2013 02:14 PM

rogsteele,

I'm delighted you have nothing negative to say about Aloft and your experience has been positive! My post was only to share my experience and nothing more. My choice is not to do business with these people again...

Ron

Ron Kay 08-21-2013 02:17 PM

dirtybird,

There is nothing at all wrong with putting you on a waiting list and your decision to do business with Aloft. My post was only to share my experience and nothing more. If you choose to do business with them, that is entirely up to you. Predicated on my experience, I don't think I'll be doing business with them in the future and that's my decision...

Best of luck,
Ron

aeajr 08-30-2013 08:24 PM

Ron,

Didn't I read in another thread that you resolved you issue with Aloft hobbies and all is well now?

dirtybird 08-31-2013 06:08 AM

Yes you did read that. Too bad he is not man enough to come back and correct all the mud he slung around

Ron Kay 08-31-2013 06:21 AM

I posted an update. The issue I had with Aloft has been resolved. Sorry if the post was missed...

Roo Man 09-10-2013 08:47 AM

Dirty Birdy,

How do you like the new FrSky Taranis?

Gary

dirtybird 09-10-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Roo Man (Post 11612558)
Dirty Birdy,

How do you like the new FrSky Taranis?

Gary

I think its a great radio with tremendous capability for the money.
But its been an uphillbattle learning to operate.
It took me a week to flash the memory with the latest software version. The instructions in the opentx operating systems manual are hard for me to follow.
Yesterday I received two D series receivers I ordered. It took me all day to figure out how to get them to bind.
You need to put the TX in a special mode for D series receivers. The information is there but its hard to dig out
The rudder stick on my tx has a problem. It does not return to the correct position if you return the stick slowly from the right.
My Aileron and elevator sticks are fine but I understand other people have had problems with those. Fr-Sky is working on a fix for that problem. If you are thinking of buying one I would wait until they get that problem fixed.
To me the instant trim function and the capability to log the telemetry makes it mandatory for me to own. Maybe you get the log feature on another radio but I dont know of any other current radio that has the instant trim function.

I understand the radio is now shipped with new gimbles on their sticks

aeajr 09-10-2013 10:55 AM

Just got two FrSky FASST receivers from Aloft. Put one in my 3.4M Supra and took it to an Eastern Soaring League contest. Worked just fine!

RAMFlyer 09-10-2013 05:21 PM

You (Ron Kay) need to post the update in ALL the threads you started about your problems with the supplier.... That is only fair since the problems were resolved!

rotozuk 04-01-2014 09:05 AM

Hey all, it would be great if you could edit the title of this thread or delete it. I just got a call from a customer that had seen the title of this thread come up in his google search. He did not bother to read the thread and was afraid he was dealing with a bad company. :(

Thanks.

-Wayne

aeajr 04-01-2014 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ron Kay (Post 11596620)
Aloft Hobbies, be careful dealing with these people! :(

I purchased several FrSky modules from Aloft, had a problem, sent the modules back for service per their request and that was the last time I saw my equipment! Have tried contacting them via email and phone and have never heard back! Several months have passed and they still have my equipment! Contacted FrSky and was told they will not get involved with this situation!

No Customer Support and NO EQUIPMENT! :(

Deal with know honorable dealers!

From this experience I've decided to stay with the major brands Hitec and JR from Horizon or Tower and pay the premium. At least I know I'll get quality service and support...

Ron,

If you could edit the title of the thread, would you?

I believe you can go back and edit the first post, then go advanced. At that point you can edit the title. That is, if you would wish to do so.

Posts and thread titles like this can be very damaging to someone's business, especially when they are generally a good company as reflected by all the positive posts.

In the meantime I am going to start a new thread that is intended to counter the negative of this one. Those of you who have had good experience with Aloft and FrSky, I invite you do join in and post.

New Thread
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-r...l#post11773456

pilotpete2 04-01-2014 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by aeajr (Post 11612659)
Just got two FrSky FASST receivers from Aloft. Put one in my 3.4M Supra and took it to an Eastern Soaring League contest. Worked just fine!

I flew my 2M Poly Pulsar all last season with the little 4 channel FrSky FASST receiver. My eyes will give out, before the receiver is out of range:rolleyes:
The 4 channel FrSky was a perfect choice since I needed 4 channels, but needed to be linked in MULTI mode so I could set up failsafe settings on all channel to de-thermalize in case there is a problem.
Why anyone would bother dealing with HK when you can buy from a US based distributor that will actually be there if you do have a problem.
Pete

AWorrest 04-01-2014 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by aeajr (Post 11773447)
Ron,

If you could edit the title of the thread, would you?

I believe you can go back and edit the first post, then go advanced. At that point you can edit the title. That is, if you would wish to do so. . . .

Ed, Your suggestion works as well on another forum that I tried.

Returning to the topic, I've made no purchases from Aloft but did post an inquiry to them. They replied quickly. So I've no complaints.

Allan

GWF 04-06-2014 04:47 AM

Guys I'm glad I read through this thread to see the positive words about Aloft. I had just ordered the FrSky Taranis Combo from Aloft and wouldn't you know it I then read the negative stuff telling me to "Be Aware!". Had I seen that warning first I would have stayed away from buying the radio, and not given Aloft or the radio a chance to be proven. So I appreciate customers standing up for a business as you did, for most folks are passive about such things. I will be getting my radio soon and installing it in an Ultimate Bipe with a Saito 150. Hopefully I will also be a satisfied customer. Tell you later. Thanks, Gorden

aeajr 04-06-2014 02:40 PM

FINALLY, some decent flying weather. Breeze 5-8 mph. 11 Guys with glider and a winch. 5 rounds of TD soaring. Fantastic.

After the contest I pulled out my electric fuselage for my Supra. After trimming I maidened my electric Supra 3.4 meter glider. Had it about 2200 feet high and about 1500 feet out for a great 15 minute first flight. Glorious.

My point? FrSky 8 channel receiver running the Futaba FASST protocol talking to the Futaba FASST module in my radio. Flawless!

Oh what a beautiful day!

8178 04-12-2014 08:22 AM

My experience with Aloft Hobbies has been absolutely outstanding. I highly recommend them.

Gizmo-RCU 04-12-2014 06:55 PM

Recently purchased two FrSky rx's for Hitec systems. They work very well, the price was right and I was treated well by Aloft Hobbies and service was excellent. I plan on dealing with them again.

Sometimes it's how you start out with folks that sets the tone of the transaction....???????

Ron Kay 04-16-2014 10:50 AM

Aloft Hobbies .... Issue Resolved

To everyone who subscribes to this Thread,

Wayne contacted me and asked if I would repost this:

The issue between Aloft and I has been resolved to our mutual satisfaction.

Thank you for all your support and feedback on this unfortunate issue.

Ron

Rodney 04-16-2014 11:11 AM

I do not think Ron Kay's apology in post #21 is adequate. If he really means it, he should edit his first post and reword the title (or supplement it) to remove the negative aspect of the title.

Gizmo-RCU 04-16-2014 07:36 PM

I agree with Rodney. It is really easy to use this forum to put a "HIT" on a business because you didn't agree or a mistake was made? I take thes posts with a grain-of-salt and only became involved because of my recent
satisfactory dealings with these folks.

sidgates 04-22-2014 04:34 PM

I placed an order last Friday morning on line. I received an email acknowledging my order, then second email Frid. afternoon advising order was shipped. The order arrived yesterday complete and very well packed. Great service.

jfuller 05-24-2014 01:05 PM

My experience with both Aloft Hobbies and with Fr Sky has been excellent. Great products and great service. No, I don't have any relationship with either except as a customer.