RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   HItech HS5645MG servos ??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11599789-hitech-hs5645mg-servos.html)

warbird_1 06-01-2014 01:54 PM

HItech HS5645MG servos ???

Anyone know of any ongoing issues with the HS-5645MG Hitech servos? i was told that there was some past issues . i bought 6 of them for my boomerang torus .. WB_1

A.T. 06-01-2014 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by warbird_1 (Post 11815413)
Anyone know of any ongoing issues with the HS-5645MG Hitech servos?
i was told that there was some past issues . i bought 6 of them for my boomerang torus .. WB_1

The HS-5645MG is now an older servo and no issues have been reported for a long time.
For peace of mind, always "age" servos as electronics fail early in life or last a very long time.

Work the servos on the bench or easiest to use a servo driver/tester for a period, the following may be of assistance:

. BURN IN - Aging of RC Transmitter, Receiver & Servo components quote

"<snip>
extract from attached copy of "BURN IN - Aging of RC components"
"Burn In" is the term used to identify the process of aging electronic components and systems.
This Burn In or aging process weeds out inferior components through their premature failure.
Due to the nature of semi conductor components such as transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits,
good components can last in excess of 40 years while, on the other hand, faulty components usually fail
soon after being put into operation. It is because of this early failure or infant mortality that a Burn In
period can increase system reliability and probably save you an airplane. "

however if buzzing remains persistent, following may assist:

. Servo - FAQ : Metal Gear Servos - DIY Repair & Extend MG Servo Gear Life
. Servo - Burnout. Cause & Prevention
. Servo - How to Diagnose Servo Failures & Repair Servo

much more information is available under sub sections:
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures" &
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.

warbird_1 06-01-2014 03:30 PM

A.T. i was going to plug each one into a match maker and let them cycle for awhile. what kind of time frame would be good ? WB_1

A.T. 06-01-2014 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by warbird_1 (Post 11815469)
A.T. i was going to plug each one into a match maker and let them cycle for awhile. what kind of time frame would be good ? WB_1

5<20 minutes at medium speed, which represents a lot of time, is all I have bothered with.

Best wishes

Alan T..

Truckracer 06-02-2014 09:54 AM

warbird_1, the 5645 and 5625 servos are certainly reliable but frankly, do not center quite as well as most of the newer offerings. Like many products there were some problems way back when they were introduced and the problems were resolved but the deadband / resolution issue never really improved. There is quite a bit written about these servos in the various forums. I favor the analog versions of these servos as they are more precise and quite a bit cheaper.

warbird_1 06-02-2014 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Truckracer (Post 11815942)
warbird_1, the 5645 and 5625 servos are certainly reliable but frankly, do not center quite as well as most of the newer offerings. Like many products there were some problems way back when they were introduced and the problems were resolved but the deadband / resolution issue never really improved. There is quite a bit written about these servos in the various forums. I favor the analog versions of these servos as they are more precise and quite a bit cheaper.

maybe i'll send them back. i searched for threads regarding these servos and didn't find anything. WB_1